Get careers support and advice
Our aim is to make you more employable, and to help you make well-informed decisions about your future. That way, you'll have the best chance of securing a job you really want when you graduate.
Planning your future
Making decisions about your future isn't always easy - but our expert careers advisers can help. They offer one-to-one sessions where you can analyse your skills and preferences and identify the best career options. You can even explore further study or taking time out. Contact the Careers and Employability Centre to book an appointment.
Getting part-time work
Our student employment team can help you find a part-time, temporary or vacation job on or off campus while you're studying. So you can earn while you learn and gain valuable experience.
Finding a graduate job
We do everything we can to help you find your ideal job. We
- advertise over 3,000 graduate jobs and internships each year
- run a programme of recruitment fairs where you can meet employers
- host employer-led presentations so you can discover more about specific careers
- hold employability skills sessions, enabling you to learn from experts in industry
- facilitate on-campus interviews
See our events and vacancy database on the employability tab on shuspace to find out about these and much more.
CVs, applications and interviews
Our employment advisers can really make you stand out as an applicant. Whether you're applying for a placement, part-time work or a graduate job, talk to them about
- improving your CV
- completing job application forms
- practicing your interview techniques
- exploring assessment centre practices
- understanding employer recruitment and selection processes
Whether you want to find the information for yourself or speak to someone in person, there's lots of help available - even after graduation. Contact the Careers and Employability Centre to find out even more.