This module is relevant to a wide range of practitioners working with those affected by prostate cancer. It aims to enable an in depth understanding of the current knowledge and evidence based findings on prostate cancer and its management. Content is very much patient centred, with specific reference to the patient journey and the physical and psychological impact of the disease and its management. Contemporary issues and approaches related to patient management and care will be discussed and critical reflection and evaluation of own and others clinical practice will be encouraged, with a clear emphasis on identifying implications for the practitioner role and the delivered.
Funding may also be available from Prostate Cancer UK - http://prostatecanceruk.org/health-professionals/education/bursary-schemes
The entry requirements for this module are as follows
Normally, an applicant will meet the following entry requirements:
• A degree in a related healthcare subject e.g. nursing, radiotherapy & oncology or other allied health professional degree OR
• Diploma level, professionally recognised qualification in a related healthcare subject e.g. nursing or therapy/diagnostic radiography OR
• Equivalent, international academic and/or professional qualifications will be considered.
• A minimum of one-year post-qualification clinical experience.
• For international applicants IELTS 6.5
• Must have access to a computer with internet facilities; and have confidence in using the World Wide Web and web based learning resources
For September 2014 start, the deadline for applications is 22nd August 2014. For January 2015 start, the deadline for applications is 5th January 2015.
This module is delivered at our Collegiate Crescent Campus
A series of formative online e-tivities and a 3,000 word individually negotiated assignment.
Level and credits
Successful completion of this module will earn you 15 level 7 credits
£500 - Funding for this module may also be available via Prostate Cancer UK. Please click on the link above.
To apply for a place, please complete and return the application form.
This module attracts Learning Beyond Registration (LBR) funding – please see the fees and funding tab for further information on which region is eligible.