Ordering your graduation gown
Order online at gownhire.co.uk and save money on your gown hire by following this guide.
Pay by credit or debit card (all major cards accepted) and receive your confirmation and order number all in one simple transaction.
- before you begin, make sure you have a note of your head circumference, chest and height measurements and have your credit/debit details available
- to place your order, visit the gown hire website and follow the instructions
- if you do not have access to a computer, you can hire/buy your gown and order photographs from Ede and Ravenscroft's call centre on 01223 861 854, Monday - Friday 9am–5pm (calls may be recorded for staff training purposes) - there will be no gown hire discount if you order using this method
Facilities for deaf, hearing and speech impaired are available using Textphone - please dial 1800 1012 2386 1854 to access the RNID Typetalk system.
Terms and conditions for cancellations are available online or from Ede and Ravenscroft's call centre operators.
Book early to be sure of your order!
Orders cannot be guaranteed if placed less than 21 days prior to your ceremony. Please check the website to see if your ceremony date option is still available, or contact the call centre to confirm that your order can still be accepted.
Please note that the actual cost will be confirmed when you place your order via the gown hire website or call centre.
- Bachelor / First degrees / Certificates / Diplomas £44
- PGCE / Postgraduate / Masters / Joint Award degrees £49
- MPhil £51
- PhD £56
(click to enlarge picture)
Hire can be extended for seven days for an additional fee of £20 (£25 for PhD gowns). Gowns must be returned at the end of seven days - you should collect a pre-addressed postage paid returns bag at the ceremony. You must not take the gowns out of the country.
Ede and Ravenscroft, Unit A, Denny Industrial Centre, Waterbeach, Cambridge CB5 9QD.
Deadline dates for gown orders
Deadline dates for gown orders will be posted on this site by the end of May 2012.
Sheffield Hallam University is not responsible for the content of external websites