Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme (CSSS)
Sheffield Hallam University participates in the CSSS Scheme and welcomes applications from students for this prestigious award. The award covers tuition fees, living and travel costs for the duration of a Masters course.
In 2013/14 (September intake) Sheffield Hallam University is going to allocate four CSSS scholarships. The deadline for applications is 12 April 2013.
Guidance on how to apply can be found on the CSSS website. How to apply information can be found on the information for candidates page. Please ensure that all necessary documents are included in your EAS online application as failure to do so will delay your application and reduce your chances of success. You can add documents as a PDF to your online application or send them to email@example.com quoting your EAS application number indicating that you have already applied online. For queries about the online system please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The documents to be included in the online application are
- a copy of your IELTS certificate (or equivalent)
- copies of your qualifications
You can send these documents or any general queries about the application process to email@example.com.
Directorate of International Development
Sheffield Hallam University
20 Furnival Street, 3rd floor
Eligibility of candidates
To meet Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) eligibility criteria, candidates must
- be nationals of (or permanently domiciled in) a Commonwealth developing country, and not be currently living or studying in a developed country
- hold a first degree at either first or upper second class level
- be sufficiently fluent in English to pursue the course
- have not previously studied for one year or more in a developed country
- be able to confirm in writing that neither they nor their families would otherwise be able to pay for the proposed course of study
- return to their home country within one month of the end of their course
- be applying and enrolling on a course with Sheffield Hallam starting in 2013/14 academic year
- have an unconditional offer from Sheffield Hallam University
Courses in the following subject areas are eligible
- Built environment
MSc Construction Management
MSc Project Management
MSc Technical Architecture
MSc Urban and Regional Planning
- Hospitality and tourism
MSc International Hospitality and Tourism Management
Business and management - human resources
MSc Human Resource Management/Development
MSc Leadership and Management in Health Care (To be confirmed)
MSc Clinical Education
Please note that you can only be awarded one Sheffield Hallam University scholarship or bursary. For example, if you are successful in applying for an International Achievement Scholarship, you would not be eligible to receive an International Access Scheme bursary. This also applies to any fee discounts you are awarded. You must be a self funded student.
|Antigua and Barbuda||Maldives||Tonga|
|Bangladesh||Mauritius||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Barbados||Montserrat||Tristan da Cunha|
|Belize||Mozambique||Turks and Caicos|
|British Virgin Islands||Nigeria||Vanuatu|
|Dominica||Papua New Guinea||Zambia|
|Ghana||St. Kitts and Nevis|
* Awards are offered to build the capacity of civil society organisations.
Sheffield Hallam University is not responsible for the content of external websites