Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
Sheffield Hallam University participates in the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme (CSSS) and welcomes applications from students for this prestigious award. The CSSS covers tuition fees, living and travel costs for the duration of a masters course.
In 2015/16 Sheffield Hallam University will be allocating four CSSS scholarships. The deadline for applications is 8 April 2015.
“The CSSS scholarship covered everything I needed, including my tuition fees, living expenses and even my flights. Without it, I'd never have had the chance to come here”
Emmanuel Aboce, from Uganda
MSc Molecular and Cell Biology
Who can apply for a CSSS award?
- be nationals of (or permanently domiciled in) a Commonwealth developing country (see list below), and not be currently living or studying in a developed country
- hold a first degree at either first or upper second class level
- have not previously studied for one year or more in a developed country
- be able to confirm in writing that neither they nor their families would otherwise be able to pay for the proposed course of study
- return to their home country within one month of the end of their course
- have an unconditional offer from Sheffield Hallam University for one of the following courses starting in 2015/16
- MSc Nutrition with Public Health Management
- MSc Human Resource Management/Human Resource Development
- MSc International Hospitality and Tourism Management
- MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MA Cultural Policy and Management
- MSc Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Technical Architecture
- MSc Urban Planning
- MSc Health Care Management and Leadership
- MSc Healthcare Education
How can I apply?
Please submit your application via the CSSS electronic application system.
Please include the following documents in your online application
- a copy of your IELTS certificate (or equivalent)
- copies of your qualifications
If you do not include these supporting documents, then your application could be delayed. You can add the documents as a PDF to your online application.
If you have any queries about the electronic application system, please contact email@example.com.
Can I apply for other scholarships and discounts?
You can apply for as many scholarships as you like. If successful, you can only accept one scholarship or discount.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Falkland Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- St. Helena
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Tristan da Cunha
- Turks and Caicos
Sheffield Hallam University is not responsible for the content of external websites