Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme (CSSS)
Sheffield Hallam University participates in the CSSS Scheme and welcomes applications from students for this prestigious award. The award covers tuition fees, living and travel costs for the duration of a Masters course.
In 2014/15 Sheffield Hallam University will be allocating 4 CSSS scholarships. The deadline for applications is 10 April 2014.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are included in your EAS online application as failure to do so will delay your application and reduce your chances of success. You can add documents as a PDF to your online application or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your EAS application number indicating that you have already applied online.
For queries about the online system please contact email@example.com.
The documents to be included in the online application are
- a copy of your IELTS certificate (or equivalent)
- copies of your qualifications
Directorate of International Development
Sheffield Hallam University
20 Furnival Street, 3rd floor
Eligibility of candidates
To meet Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) eligibility criteria, candidates must
- be nationals of (or permanently domiciled in) a Commonwealth developing country, and not be currently living or studying in a developed country
- hold a first degree at either first or upper second class level
- be sufficiently fluent in English to pursue the course
- have not previously studied for one year or more in a developed country
- be able to confirm in writing that neither they nor their families would otherwise be able to pay for the proposed course of study
- return to their home country within one month of the end of their course
- be applying and enrolling on a course with Sheffield Hallam starting in 2014/15 academic year
- have an unconditional offer from Sheffield Hallam University
Courses in the following subject areas are eligible
- MSc Nutrition with Public Health Management
- MSc Human Resource Management/Human Resource Development
- MSc International Hospitality and Tourism Management
- MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MA Cultural Policy and Management
- MSc Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- MSc/PgDip/PgCert Technical Architecture
- MSc/PgDip/PgCert Urban Planning
- MSc/PgDip/PgCert Health Care Management and Leadership
- MSc/PgDip/PgCert Healthcare Education
Please note that you can only be awarded one Sheffield Hallam University scholarship or bursary. For example, if you are successful in applying for an International Achievement Scholarship, you would not be eligible to receive an International Access Scheme bursary.
This also applies to any fee discounts you are awarded. You must be a self funded student.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Falkland Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- St. Helena
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Tristan da Cunha
- Turks and Caicos
- Western Samoa
* Awards are offered to build the capacity of civil society organisations.
Sheffield Hallam University is not responsible for the content of external websites