Qualifications for entry for students from Malaysia
All of our courses require different levels of qualifications for entry and the details provided below are for guidance only.
If you do not meet these requirements, please contact our South East Asia Office for more information by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +603 5631 1328.
Entry to first year of undergraduate degree
- A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) at good grades. Please visit our course finder for the entry requirements
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM), with a minimum of 3 Principal Passes (Grades A-C)
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC), with overall mark of B3, with no mark below B6, for 5 relevant subjects (not including English, Chinese and Malay)
Advanced entry to undergraduate degree
- Polytechnic or College Diploma/HND/Advanced Diploma can be considered for entry to second or third year of an undergraduate degree
Entry to postgraduate taught degree
- Bachelor degree, with minimum classification 2:2, from a recognised university or institution in Malaysia
- Successful completion of a pre-Masters course
Entry to postgraduate research degree
- Masters degree, from a recognised university or institution in Malaysia. Please see research web pages for details
English language requirement
All applicants are required to gain a recognised English language qualification before enrolling onto one of our courses.
For pre-sessional English programmes and courses below degree level, this must be one from a list of UK government recognised tests, most commonly IELTS.
For undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, we consider a wide range of international qualifications. For example Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) English 1119,Grade C is considered equivalent to IELTS6.0
If you have any questions, please contact our South East Asia Office by email email@example.com or call +603 5631 1328.