Qualifications for entry for students from Malaysia
All of our courses require different levels of qualifications for entry and the details provided below are for guidance only.
The following qualifications from Malaysia will be considered for entry on to undergraduate programmes
- UEC (Unified Examination Certificate) Senior Middle level - with an overall mark of at least 75 per cent
- STPM (Sijil Tinggi Persekolhan Malaysia - Malaysia Higher School Certificate) - principal level passes
- Matriculation Certificate (Matrikulasi)
- Polytechnic Certificate
Other qualifications may be considered for entry onto undergraduate programmes e.g. certificates and diplomas from private colleges, polytechnics, universities, institutes and academies.
The following qualification from Malaysia may be considered for entry on to the second year of some Undergraduate programmes
- Polytechnic Diploma
Sheffield Hallam welcomes applications from international school students taking the International Baccalaureate Diploma and those achieving 28 points or more will usually be successful in obtaining an offer of a place on our undergraduate programmes. For information about IB points equivalencies against the UCAS tariff please visit the UCAS website.
Pre-masters programme (Graduate Diploma)
The following qualifications will be considered for entry on to pre-masters programmes.
- students holding a degree in a subject considered unsuitable for direct entry to a masters programme - 'conversion' students
Postgraduate taught programmes (masters)
The following qualifications from Malaysia will be considered for entry on to postgraduate taught programmes
- Bachelor degree (from a recognised public university)
- Bachelor degree (from a recognised private university)
- successful completion of a recognised pre-masters course
Postgraduate research programmes
The following qualifications from Malaysia will be considered for entry on to postgraduate research programmes (MPhil/PhD)
- Masters degree from a recognised university
In most cases, students are required to submit a full application for PhD study, including a formal research proposal.
You can find further information on all our undergraduate and postgraduate courses on our online prospectus
All applicants are required to gain an internationally recognised English language qualification before entering an undergraduate or postgraduate programme, such as IELTS or TOEFL. As a guideline the minimum IELTS requirement is IELTS 5.5 for pre-masters programmes, and IELTS 6.0 for other academic programmes.
Please note that some courses may have higher English language requirements.
For further information on English language entry requirements and accepted qualifications see our English Language page.