BSc (Honours) Hospitality Business Management (top up)
One year full-time
UCAS code • NN2W | Location • City Campus
Bookmark or share this page
Develop your knowledge, management skills and gain a solid understanding of the hospitality industry on this course. It is based on the final year of our BSc (Honours) Hospitality Business Management and allows you to top up your current qualifications to honours degree level.
• Gain a broad awareness and understanding of the hospitality industry.
• Study on a course where students have an award-winning reputation in industry.
• Learn using dedicated facilities in our professional kitchens.
• Top up your exisitng qualifications to degree level.
This course is accredited by the Institute of Hospitality.
Fees – home and EU students
Course fees may be subject to annual inflationary increase. For further information see our fees and funding pages.
For the course fee see our fees page.
2014/15 academic year
Membership of a professional body and mandatory UK field trips are included in the course fee.
Flexibility in your career choices is a key feature of this degree. Choose it if you want to explore the kind of hospitality careers that interest you, or want a wide range of career choices.
This course is based on the final year of our BSc (Honours) Hospitality Business Management. It allows you to top up your current qualifications to honours degree level.
You can apply for this course if you have a • higher national diploma • foundation degree • or equivalent in a relevant subject.
The hospitality industry is competitive, fast growing and international, currently doing £68 billion of business a year in the UK alone.
The course covers areas including • deluxe hotels • restaurants • designer bars • food service management • specialist catering for sporting and other events • budget hotels • quick service retail restaurants • pubs and bars • nightclubs • running your own business.
We designed this course to meet the challenges of the hospitality industry and we have a reputation for producing high calibre graduates.
Throughout the course you develop your practical expertise using dedicated facilities in our professional kitchens. We are constantly developing these to ensure you develop the skills you need to work in the industry.
You are taught by lecturers with considerable international industry experience in a wide range of roles, including research and consultancy, training and development, food and beverage operations, hotel management, banqueting and conferencing.
Your learning involves taking part in • seminars • workshops • projects • laboratory sessions in our modern facilities at the City Campus.
You can also complete an international version of this qualification which places greater emphasis on the global events industry.
• coursework • examinations
2015 entry requirements
Normally one from
• a HND or foundation degree in a relevant subject, with an overall merit profile from year two modules
• equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
If English is not your first language you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 or above, with a minimum score of 5.5 in each skill.
International and European entry qualifications
For applicants from outside of the UK, you can find the qualifications we accept from your country on our international qualifications page.
Modules• strategic management • English for academic purposes or international hospitality and tourism marketing planning* • international hotel management • hospitality service and facilities management • hospitality management applications • professional studies or project*
* If you have an IELTS score of less than 6.5 overall with a minimum score of 6.0 in each skill, you must study English for academic purposes and professional studies.
You can find careers in management, consultancy and design in organisations such as • multinational hotels • leisure groups • independent restaurants • conference venues.
Our graduates work in roles and organisations including • human resources manager with Marriott Hotels • manager with Revolution bars • manager, Café Rouge • graduate trainee manager, MacDonald Hotels • front of house manager, Hilton Hotels.
You can also continue your studies on one of our postgraduate courses, which include
• MSc/PgDip/PgCert International Hospitality and Tourism Management
• MSc International Hospitality Management (distance learning)
• MSc/PgDip/PgCert International Hospitality Management (full-time)
- MSc International Hospitality Management (Full-time)
- MSc International Hospitality and Tourism Management (Full-time)
Prepare for your future career
We can help you gain the skills and experience employers are looking for and prepare you for your future career. We offer you
- opportunities to become more employable by gaining hands-on experience and developing work-ready skills that will impress employers
- expert careers advice and guidance through one-to-one adviser appointments, workshops, events, recruitment fairs and literature
- specialist support with becoming self-employed including free access to specialist business advice and office resources to improve your chances of success