Access our expertise
Looking for business solutions?
At Sheffield Hallam, knowledge is our business — and our strength is applying knowledge to the real world.
We have exceptional industry links, research capacity and academic expertise across a very wide range of sectors. We help organisations of all varieties to improve the way they work, and what they produce.
We can help with anything from workforce development to market research and product innovation — offering swift, insightful and cost-efficient solutions.
Find out more below, or get in touch on 0114 225 5000.
Our specialist sectors
- biomedical sciences
- computing and communications
- design and digital
- engineering and manufacturing
- healthcare, social care and public health
- healthcare technologies
- policy studies
- property and construction
- tourism and hospitality
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We can offer bespoke solutions to fit any business.
Our expertise in action
Here are just a few of the diverse solutions we’ve provided businesses:
- We developed a unique higher apprenticeship degree programme with Nestlé to help them create the chartered managers of tomorrow.
- With the help of Microsoft Kinect technology, our healthcare researchers have pioneered new 3D breast imaging for Derby Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust to improve outcomes in breast reconstruction surgery.
- We helped Greencore and Arla innovate in their industry — reducing the fat and salt of their baked cheese products.
See our full list of case studies here.
"We presented the University with a difficult challenge, which they rose to with a flexible, innovative and timely response. We found them to be professional to work with and able to provide a quality product within the tight timescale."
Mike Richmond, medical director, Sheffield Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
"The University staff have worked collaboratively with us from the outset, ensuring the programme meets our business requirements, and the needs of the industry as a whole. What seemed like a challenging project at the start has been in reality a straightforward and seamless journey due to the professionalism and expertise of the University staff."
Suzie Flynn, graduate and future talent manager, Barratt Developments
"The team at Sheffield Hallam have been fantastic and the work they have done for us has been completely invaluable."
Sarah Glendinning, Programme Officer, Public Health Directorate, Lincolnshire County Council