Everything you need to know...
International/EU: £14,895 per year (£1,200 for placement year)
- Develop and enhance your technical and problem solving skills in the area of logistics, with a specific emphasis on supply chain management.
- Promote contemporary best practice in the theory and application of leading edge technologies, processes and systems.
- Start your journey to Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) and Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) membership.
The course covers strategies, management, technology and systems. You learn modern approaches to supply chain management such as lean, six-sigma and operations management which are integral elements of the course. On the two-year work experience route, the course offers useful work placement opportunities.
'This course was crucial in getting the job of my dreams. I now work as an ERP functional consultant for Avanade. I've found that I'm familiar with a lot of the discussion at work, as we covered it as part of the master's programme.'
Anxhela Carhoshi, MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management, 2018 graduate
Come to an open day
Find out more at our postgraduate open days. Book now for your place.
How you learn
All our courses are designed around a set of key principles based on engaging you with the world, collaborating with others, challenging you to think in new ways, and providing you with a supportive environment in which you can thrive.
This course enhances your career potential by improving your knowledge and transferable skills. Through the use of our academics' industrial experience, research and consultancy, we engage you with an enriched practical teaching environment.
Sheffield Hallam University is a SAP Student Academy and a founding member of the SAP University Alliance. Therefore, you will have the opportunity to have free access to SAP and sit the SAP certification in one of the available modules by SAP but at extra cost.
You learn through
- laboratory sessions
Course leaders and tutors
You will have the opportunity to go on a work placement for up to 12 months. You are supported in finding placements and can apply for a vacancy as you would a job. There are dedicated sessions to support you in CV writing, interview skills and job applications. The placement starts during the summer of your second year and most are paid.
You attend a series of guest lectures and industry visits to enhance your learning experience and to make you understand how theories and technologies are used in industry. Guest speakers include supply chain professionals from manufacturing, retail, health, food and pharmaceutical industries.
This course prepares you for a career as a
- logistics coordinator
- supply chain analyst
- solutions analyst
- supply chain coordinator
- demand analyst
Previous graduates of this course have gone on to work for
- Caterpillar – the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines
- Dematic – the market leader in innovative logistics automation systems
- NYK Logistics – delivers fully integrated logistics solutions tailored to the needs of their customers
- Tuffnells – leading parcel delivery company
Where will I study?
You study at City Campus through a structured mix of lectures, seminars and practical sessions as well as access to digital and online resources to support your learning.
City Campus is located in the heart of Sheffield, within minutes of the train and bus stations.
Adsetts Library is located on our City Campus. It's open 24 hours a day, every day.Learn more
Equipment and facilities
On this course you work with
- SupplyChainGuru – an award winning modelling platform which is used to demonstrate design and operation principles.
- SAP – the world's leading Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform
Normally one from
• an honours degree 2.2 or above in science or engineering
• an honours degree 2.2 or above in business or management, where some computing or technology focussed modules have been studied
• suitable professional qualifications in engineering, management or supply chain management
• a degree in any area, plus at least one year of industrial experience in a role or organisation related to operations management, logistics or supply chain management
• a diploma in a technological area, with at least three years of experience in a logistics or supply chain related field
You may also be able to claim credit points which can reduce the amount of time it takes to complete your qualification at Sheffield Hallam. Find out more
If English is not your first language you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or a recognised equivalent. If your level of English language is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider an appropriate Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve the required level of English.
Additional information for EU/International students
If you are an International or non-UK European student, you can find out more about the country specific qualifications we accept on our international qualifications page. You can also watch a video guide on how to apply.
For details of English language entry requirements (IELTS), please see the information for 'All students'.
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances.
You can take an optional placement in year two.
|Module: Finance And Marketing||Credits: 15||
|Module: Global Supply Chain And Manufacturing Strategy||Credits: 15||
|Module: Lean Operations And Six Sigma||Credits: 15||
|Module: Logistics And Enterprise Information Systems||Credits: 15||
|Module: Project And Dissertation||Credits: 60||
|Module: Project And Quality Management||Credits: 15||
|Module: Strategic Sourcing And Procurement||Credits: 15||
|Module: Supply Chain Modelling And Simulation||Credits: 15||
|Module: Warehouse Systems And Transportation||Credits: 15||
|Module: Postgraduate Placement||Credits: -|
Fees and funding
Our tuition fee for UK students starting full-time study in 2022/23 is £8,745 for the course without a placement or £9,945 with a placement.
† If you are studying an undergraduate course, postgraduate pre-registration course or postgraduate research course over more than one academic year then your tuition fees may increase in subsequent years in line with Government regulations or UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) published fees. More information can be found in our terms and conditions under student fees regulations.
Our tuition fee for International/EU students starting full-time study in 2022/23 is £14,895 for the course without work experience placement or £16,095 with work experience placement.
Postgraduate student loans
Up to £11,222 available for Home students on most masters courses.
Additional course costs
This link allows you to view estimated costs associated with the main activities on specific courses. These are estimates and, as such, are only an indication of additional course costs. Actual costs can vary greatly depending on the choices you make during your course.Additional costs for Engineering courses (PDF, 288.7KB)
Any offer of a place to study is subject to your acceptance of the University’s Terms and Conditions and Student Regulations.