Your voice makes a real difference
In response to your feedback* we have invested in what matters to you and improved the areas you felt could be better.
We are improving your teaching and assessment experience.
- Inspirational Teaching Awards for staff are chosen by you each year.
- more teaching staff are achieving professional recognition for their teaching.
- we provide an assessment schedule at the start the academic year so you know when assignments are due.
- your assessment results are clear and accessible through My Student Record.
We are supporting you in your studies
- academic advisors provide academic support to every student
- information advisors in our libraries can help you find the information you need
- our Student Support Services and the Students' Union Advice Centres provide a range of specialist support which is available to all students
- careers and employment advisors provide support both locally and through the Careers and Employability Centre
We are investing in the facilities you value and making them more accessible.
- Our £27m Heart of the Campus building provides excellent teaching and social spaces.
- £30m has been invested into the purpose building Charles Street building which is home to the Sheffield Institute of Education.
- Following a £9m renovation the former Head Post Office is now home to the Sheffield Institute of Arts
- The libraries on both campuses are open 24 hours a day, all year round
- The £6m development of the Sports Park at Bawtry Road provides modern sports facilities for any student with an interest in sport.
- the Careers and Employability Centre contains resources and employment advisers who support you with finding work.
We are providing more resources that support your learning and making them easier to find.
- resources list online ensures texts recommended by staff are available.
- we've increased the number of computers and provided more specialist software.
- you can borrow laptops from the libraries and across campus we can help you find free computers via the SHUgo app.
- all your Blackboard sites and resources from previous years are available.
We are working with partners to provide activities that add value to your course and University experience.
- more courses now support academic societies.
- SHU GoGlobal provides events and opportunities for students from all cultures.
- we are working with your Students' Union to develop the course representative system.
- the Students' Union's Hallam Award recognises skills developed through extra-curricular activities.
- The Snug private sector housing scheme makes sure our students have access to good quality, safe accommodation in the private sector.
Sources of student feedback*