Performance Athlete Support Programme
Our Performance Athlete Support Programme allows talented student athletes to balance university life whilst achieving their sporting potential.
- new September 2021 undergraduate applicants – Friday 28 May*
- current Sheffield Hallam students – Friday 28 May*
- new Postgraduate applications – Friday 20 August**
- clearing applications may be considered until Friday 20 August **
*If you submit your application before Friday 28 May you should receive a decision on your application by Friday August 20.
**If you submit your application after the Friday 28 May and before Friday 20 August you should receive a decision on your application by Friday 17 September
Performance athlete scholarships
Students on the programme are awarded financial assistance to help with costs such as course fees, accommodation, sport science support or competition expenses.
Our comprehensive support package
The programme's support package is worth up to £3,000 and includes:
- Financial support of up to £1000
- Team Hallam membership (BUCS training, facility usage, travel, insurance and coaching)
- Unlimited access to our sport and fitness facilities and programmes
- Bespoke strength and conditioning programmes and testing
- Physiotherapy including screening, massage, prehab and reactive services
- Sports psychology and lifestyle one-to-ones
- Lifestyle workshops and one-to-ones
- Nutrition workshops and one-to-ones
- Anti-doping workshops and support
- An online athlete monitoring platform
- Financial assistance towards competing in BUCS competitions and international student competitions
- Preferential accommodation allocation
- A commitment to academic flexibility to ensure you can compete and train whilst completing your degree
- Performance Athlete squad kit
- If you are an applicant and have not yet started your studies at Sheffield Hallam, we will make you a preferential offer, with a lower tariff requirement than our standard entry criteria (as published on our online prospectus) to support your progression to higher education whilst balancing your sporting commitments.
Performance Athlete Support Programme application
All applications are considered and reviewed against set criteria by the University's Sports Scholarship Award panel. You will be informed if your application is successful as soon as possible.
We accept applications from students in all years of study, including postgraduate and part-time studies, and from every programme area and college, including international students.
You need to re-apply for each year of your studies.
Applications received without the required references/evidence will not be considered. Please give as many details as possible.