With around 9,000 students and 700 staff, the Faculty of Development and Society is the largest in the University.
We carry out teaching, research and knowledge transfer across a range of subject areas, including courses, research and services to business in
- Built environment
- Criminology and community justice
- Film, theatre and performance
- Planning, regeneration and housing
- Sociology and politics
- Teacher education
The Faculty brings together academic departments, internationally renowned research centres and a graduate school.
- Law and Criminology
- The Natural and Built Environment
- Psychology, Sociology and Politics
- The Sheffield Institute of Education, including the Departments of Teacher Education and Education, Childhood and Inclusion
Research centres and graduate schools
- Centre for Regional Economic and Social Research (CRESR)
- The Helena Kennedy Centre for International Justice
- The Sheffield Institute of Education's research and knowledge exchange centre
- Sheffield Institute for Policy Studies
- Humanities Research Centre
- Graduate School
Our innovative approach to learning and teaching makes us an exciting and challenging environment in which to work and study. Many of our courses are developed with and approved by professional bodies, ensuring that they are academically rigorous, up to date and relevant to the workplace.
If you would like any further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org