Ian Sarson (Chair)
Group managing director, UK & Ireland
Ian joined Compass Group in January 2004 and was appointed group managing director for UK and Ireland in April 2010.
He has worked in hospitality for his whole career, holding a variety of senior positions in the industry. Prior to joining Compass, he had a four-year spell in Hong Kong and China as managing director of Sodexo.
Ian has been instrumental in the ongoing evolution of the Compass business. He has been closely involved with the development of industry-leading tools and systems.
An active and passionate supporter of his industry, Ian is
- an honorary doctor and visiting fellow of Sheffield Hallam University
- vice chair of the Business Services Association
- a member of the Council for Industry and Higher Education
- a member of the Apprenticeship Ambassadors Network
- a member of the talent and skills leadership team of Business in the Community
- a member of the Department of Health Responsibility Deal Plenary Committee
Married to Lesley, he has two daughters. He enjoys spending time with his family, gardening, reading and travelling.