Filling the Holiday Gap
A national conference on School Holiday Child Hunger.
This conference hosted by Sheffield Hallam University is for all practitoners, community leaders, policy makers, researchers , campaigners , charities and those interested and currently involved in the provision of school and community food and services across the UK. It will also be of interest to those providing out of school activities such as sports, arts, cultural and enrichment programmes.
The event will task leading professionals in their field to present on the success and challenges in holiday meal and wellbeing programmes and highlights future plans. There is a mixture of speakers and workshops will also showcase projects across the UK and beyond that will leave delegates with ideas of possible workable solutions that can make a difference.
The conference aims are:
- To raise awareness of non-term time child hunger in the UK Share practice in international innovation Holiday Meal and activity programmes.
- Discuss causes and possible solutions to progress with policy makers, practitioners and agree next steps
- The event is free to attend but places are limited.
- Registration opens at 9.30am and day finishes at 4pm
Speakers (TBC) include:
- Sharon Hodgson - Former Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on School Food
- Dr Katie Wilson - Deputy Under Secretary for United States Department of Agriculture
- Alison Garham - CEO Child Poverty Action Group
- Rachel Warwick - Founder MakeLunch
- Dr Caroline Wolhuter of Ashram Housing Association Holiday Kitchen
- East Renfrewshire Council
We are afraid that the event is now fully subscribed. In the event that places become available, you can place yourself onto a waiting list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact email@example.com