Research activity in Finance, Accounting and Business Systems (FABS)
Research Work in FABS Includes:
- Analysis of cryptocurrency markets such as Bitcoin and Ripple.
- An investigation of the effect of new technologies upon contemporary financial markets including the impact of High Frequency Trading (HFT) and Flash Crashes.
- Theoretical and empirical work on Mergers and Acquisitions. This includes economic analyses of takeovers in the presence of equity participations.
- Pedagogic research in accounting. Internationally excellent research in this field includes work conducted alongside external bodies including the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
- Internationally recognised research in reverse logistics alongside several noteworthy industrial partners.
- Internationally recognised research on accountability in the charity sector.
- Work on environmental sustainability and sustainable operations. This includes studies of the factors impacting upon cleaner production and wider analysis of industrial ecology and industrial symbiosis that draw on the analogy between biological ecosystems and industrial system development.
- A project funded by the International Labour Organisation (ILO) on the statistical measurement of Occupational Safety and Health (OSH).