Over 400,000 students gain degrees in the UK every year and when it comes to graduate jobs, employers are looking for the best of the bunch.
As the UK’s largest modern business school, Sheffield Business School is focused on employability. You’ll tackle real projects with major brands, take placements with global employers and have the opportunity to work and study overseas. This real work experience is embedded in every year of every course and can put you ahead of the curve in the competitive jobs market.
When you join our vibrant student community, you’re taking the first step on your journey towards becoming a work-ready, well-qualified and highly employable graduate.
Stand out from the crowd
Our courses and related opportunities help you to shape your future and stand out from the crowd.
Study with us and you’ll
- engage in learning that’s designed in partnership with industry
- have the opportunity to widen your horizons by learning a language
- access specialist employability support
- benefit from an experience-rich paid placement year
- access many other opportunities that increase your value to employers by helping you to develop key skills
Support for you
We care about your welfare as well as helping you achieve your goals. That’s why you enjoy support from a specialist team who make sure you’re on track at every stage of your studies.
Your support team will include
- academic and professional adviser — supporting you with personal action planning in both your academic and professional development
- placement and employability tutor — an academic with an in-depth understanding of the course you are studying and how it prepares you for employment, helping you to achieve your career aspirations.
- employment adviser — a team of dedicated careers and employment advisers based in Sheffield Business School supporting you in finding a placement and later on, graduate opportunities.
- Find out how societies, projects, competitions and other activities can help you develop.
- Find out how our placements work and how you can start your placement journey.