A placement year gives you in-depth experience along with a salary
You gain a significant amount of work experience on a placement year. Not only will this give your CV a massive boost, you can also apply what you learn in your final year of study.
During a placement you can
- get a great insight into the business world
- develop your professional and interpersonal skills
- reinforce what you're learning on your course
- try out a career before committing to it
- get a salary of at least £12,000 pro rata
Some students even secure graduate jobs with their placement employers.
What does a placement involve?
During a placement year you become a full-time employee of a company for 48 weeks.
Find out more about placements
For everything you need to know about SBS placements, visit our placement portal.