Study and work abroad
At Sheffield Business School, real industry experience is embedded into every course. You’ll tackle real projects with major brands, take placements with global employers and have the opportunity to work and study overseas.
Why study and work abroad?
In addition to being an amazing experience, studying or working abroad can help you to get ahead in your career. Students who spend time studying and working abroad return well-equipped with essential work skills.
Studying and working abroad can help you to
- increase your confidence
- gain a new global perspective
- enhance your degree qualification
- create a network of professional contacts
- develop your interpersonal skills
- make friends across the world
- enjoy a life-changing, enriching experience
Sheffield Hallam has exchange agreements with over 100 institutions across the world and welcome up to 120 incoming exchange students each year. Visit our list of partner institutions to find out where you can go and what subjects are available.
Make the most of your career: opportunities abroad for staff
At Sheffield Business School, we encourage our people to seek out opportunities for teaching, researching and knowledge transfer abroad.
If you’re keen to explore how you can work abroad, take a closer look at our global network of partners in education and industry.
- short periods of teaching
- joint research projects at partner institutions
- sharing student support and professional services best practice
Teaching and researching abroad can contribute to and enrich your personal development. International collaboration also helps to position us as an internationally engaged business school.
We encourage expressions of interest for our international exchange opportunities in January for the academic year starting in September.
Partnership that goes further
At Sheffield Business School, our aim is to prepare our students to be global citizens and empower our staff to engage with the world. We’re proud of our partnerships with high calibre organisations like us in other countries.
We work with partners abroad to:
- encourage and enable student and staff mobility
- develop joint research opportunities
- supporting the development of high quality transnational education
We deliver our high-quality courses in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Malaysia, Botswana, and Munich. Over 2,000 students graduate each year from our courses at international partner institutions.
Find out more about our global education partners