Skip to content

Tourism

Tourism is a fast-moving industry and our high-quality courses aim to develop you as a future tourism manager or leader who’s equipped to go far in this sector.

Accredited, global learning

As one of only three universities in the world to have EPAS accreditation for our undergraduate tourism courses, Sheffield Business School offers you tourism education that’s real-world and business-relevant.

Our courses are global in focus and you’ll have the opportunity to take part in international work or study. Social responsibility is important to us and your learning experience will balance community, environment and ethics when it comes to making decisions about tourism.

Our expertise

Our lecturers come from industry backgrounds and are academic leaders as well as active researchers. Interests and specialisms include

  • accessible tourism
  • adventure tourism
  • consumer behaviour
  • cultural tourism
  • family and multigenerational tourism
  • destination management and marketing
  • human trafficking in tourism and hospitality industries
  • tourism and gender
  • tourism policy and planning
  • tourism in protected areas

Alumni support

We work closely with our past students, who deliver regular guest lectures and an annual alumni conference. Alumni share their experience, offer guidance, highlight the latest trends in the industry and highlight job opportunities to our current students, which helps you to build networks and improve your employability.

Our industry partners

Our partners are leading global brands like Jet2, TUI and Sunvil, who provide you with unique placement opportunities and industry talks. Our close links with industry partners mean you enjoy learning experiences that are at the forefront of industry thinking.

Our graduates

Rates of employment and further study are high among our graduates. 90% go into full-time employment or further study within six months of leaving university, with a further 10% taking up part-time roles. Past students are forging careers in product development, airport operations or graduate schemes. Typical employers include Manchester Airport, Visit England, British Airways, Ramada Hotels, Center Parcs, TUI Travel and Welcome to Yorkshire.

Share this page

Cancel event

Are you sure you want to cancel your place on Saturday 12 November?

Close