Sheffield Business School (SBS)
Sheffield Business School is Britain's largest modern business school. We are large in our size, deep in our expertise and far-reaching in the employers we work with, but we remain personal in our commitment to expanding each and every student's horizons. The business school is led by Professor Kevin Kerrigan, Pro Vice-Chancellor, and consists of three academic departments:
Our mission is to transform lives. We do this through forging connections locally and globally, creating real-world opportunities for tomorrow's responsible leaders. We pride ourselves on the relevance of our work and we place employability and social responsibility at the strategic core of all that we do.
We work together to provide students with a powerful interchange of ideas, experiences, techniques, career opportunities and business connections – in an environment dedicated to caring for, and nurturing the potential of, the individual as well as meeting the needs of employers.
Students from all backgrounds benefit from the strongest business-relevant experience, extensive access to employers, an international mindset, and being part of a supportive community. We are able to invest in this extensive level of personal commitment because Sheffield Business School is the largest modern business school, and an intrinsic part of a vibrant city known for community, respect for diversity, choices, and quality of life.
We are Britain's largest modern business school:
- for student popularity, with more than 6,500 students
- for the breadth and choice of our subjects and our range of expertise
- for numbers of employers working with us and hosting our students
- for our global reach, active in more than 30 international markets, with a third of our students drawn from more than 100 countries around the globe
We are distinctively modern through:
- the subjects we teach and research, addressing modern sectors such as banking, food, hospitality, tourism and events management
- the knowledge of our academic staff, who have current, relevant industry experience and are immersed in modern industry trends
- the facilities and resources that we provide, with well-equipped buildings and support systems
- the innovative and flexible ways we deliver teaching and learning, with degrees designed with employers and industry-focused courses
- the open, engaging and dynamic culture with its relentless drive for excellence and ongoing improvement
Our ambition is to be:
- the leading modern business school renowned for providing an industry-connected, real-world experience
- having the highest levels of dedication and support for the individual – as a student, academic, employer or partner
Our vision is to achieve far greater international recognition for:
- our personalised approach to delivering business education
- the scale of our employer engagement and partnerships with business
- our emerging research expertise in areas which are shaped by academic passion and expertise
- innovative approaches to worldwide education partnerships
- our ethical approach to management education
We are making a significant and sizeable contribution to the ambitions of Sheffield Hallam University – which itself is fast developing a reputation as the best university for inclusion, for flexibility, for the student experience and student satisfaction, for expanding horizons and for internationally recognised research that delivers real-world impact.