We place a high value on learning for all staff throughout their career at Sheffield Hallam and demonstrate that commitment through investment in staff development activities. Reflection, review, feedback and opportunities for learning will form part of everyone's work experience. Clear guidance is provided about how to access development at all levels and what resources are available.
We offer a wide variety of development that enables you to carry out your role, develop your personal effectiveness and wellbeing, leadership and management skills and to support your career progression. These include
- A range of personal effectiveness and leadership workshops, as part of our development programme. We’re also members of the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education, demonstrating our commitment to developing our leaders, managers and governors.
- Access to a range of self-directed learning, such as e-learning and on-line guidance and support.
- Support, where relevant, through coaching, mentoring and job shadowing.
- A Continuous Professional Development Programme for academic and learning support staff. This incorporates practical development opportunities such as attending Sheffield Hallam events, external conferences and access to a wide range of resources.
- The opportunity to apply, subject to eligibility, to study part-time on Sheffield Hallam undergraduate and postgraduate courses, programmes or units without having to pay tuition fees via our Headstart scheme.
- The opportunity to apply, subject to eligibility, to learn a skill or study a subject unrelated to your area of work via our Jumpstart scheme.
- Support and development to you as you join the University to help welcome you here and provide you with the information you need to start your employment with us.