He oversees work and job experience up to graduation, which includes campus jobs, external part-time work and summer global internships.
James’ current areas of work includes
- continued growth and increased participation of Sheffield Hallam students in campus jobs
- reward and recognition of part-time working Sheffield Hallam students in The National Student Employee of The Year Awards (SEOTY)
- the Hallam Careers Fair and other events
- specialist careers fairs
- a programme of employer events over both semesters
- the Hallam Internship Programme
This work is aligned to the University’s objective to ensure that every student at Sheffield Hallam has the opportunity to access paid work experience.
James is a recruitment professional with experience working in commercial recruitment and tailored employer engagement, including partnering with national and global employers businesses.
He also sits on the Executive Board of The National Association of Student Employment Services (NASES) and champions best practice for Student Employment Services in the further and higher education sector. This includes working with employers on student recruitment, internships, graduate jobs and placements.