Sophie is the Business Development Manager within Commercial Services. This involves developing partnerships with external organisations locally and nationally, and supporting the key areas of the Facilities Directorate including Accommodation, Catering, Events, Print, Sport, and the Nursery.
Sophie works to raise awareness of the range of services on offer to support businesses and their staff, and lets them know how Sheffield Hallam University can help, add value and support organisations.
Sophie’s current areas of work include
- meeting external organisations to discuss Sheffield Hallam’s services and collaboration opportunities
- University-wide promotions for catering and sport services
- internal stakeholder engagement in relation to Commercial Services
- helping organisations to communicate with Sheffield Hallam’s student base by offering sponsorship and advertising opportunities
- working alongside colleagues on SHU Card related queries and developments
- supporting the creation and implementation of marketing strategies and business development campaign planning
- communications strategies including the use of social media
- managing telephone marketing projects and continually seeking to develop business
After graduating from Leeds Metropolitan University with a BA (Hons) Events Management in 2012, Sophie moved to Australia to work and travel before returning to Sheffield. Sophie accepted the position of Business Development Manager in January 2017, having gained significant work experience in the recruitment sector.