Profile: ICAEW qualified accountant with 34 years' experience in the accountancy profession and in higher education.
Between November 2011 and September 2017, I was responsible, as Programme Leader, for the strategic development, management, and delivery of the Undergraduate Finance courses at Sheffield Hallam University. Since September 2017, I have been the Associate Head for Student Experience responsible for students at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate level.
Within my teaching role, I have been engaged in developing and delivering a number of professional, postgraduate, and undergraduate modules as part of the programme of finance courses at Sheffield Business School. To date these have mainly been in the areas of Audit and Assurance and Forensic Accounting at levels 6 and 7 within the Financial and Management Accounting Subject group.
Prior to joining Sheffield Hallam University in July 2010, I worked for 26 years for one of the big four accountancy firms. I trained and obtained my ICAEW qualification with that firm and after spending nine years as an auditor moved into the world of fraud investigation and dispute advisory services as a Forensic Accountant.
- 2011: Post Graduate Certificate, Learning and Teaching, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 1987: ICAEW, Other, United Kingdom
- 1984: BA (Hons) Geography, University of Leicester, United Kingdom
Member of Board of Directors or other governance role
- 2016 to 2020: Uk Chapter Board Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, United Kingdom
PG External Examiner
- 2018 to 2022: , University of Portsmouth, United Kingdom
UG External Examiner
- 2013 to 2017: External Examiner, University of Ulster, United Kingdom
- Financial Accounting and Management Accounting
- Finance Accounting and Business Systems
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners - UK Chapter
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Association of Certified Chartered Accountants
Department of Finance, Accounting and Business Systems
Sheffield Business School
Fin Accounting & Man Accounting
Jamieson, D., Awolowo, I., Garrow, N., Winfield, J., & Bhaiyat, F. (2018). Financial shenanigans: The importance of anti-fraud education. In PAN IIT International Management Conference, Roorkee, India, 30 November 2018 - 2018 (pp. 1-12). Indian Institute of Technology: http://paniitimc18.in/