As Deputy Dean, Eileen provides strategic leadership for strategy development, business planning, resources (people and financial), accreditation, recruitment and international development. She is the strategic lead for business school accreditations, specifically AACSB and EPAS. Eileen has led a number of high profile, cross University and external projects.
Eileen has a developing research profile with research interests including international tax planning, transfer pricing, taxpayer behaviour, tax evasion and educational research in tax. With her oil industry background, Eileen is involved in a number of research projects relating to the oil industry.
Eileen is a member of the United Nations' Platform for Collaboration on Tax; a member of the Tax Research Network and a sits on a number of technical and advisory committees relating to the development of effective tax systems and tax education globally.
I am passionate about tax education and speak annually at International Tax Week; a collaboration of seven european universities which provides undergraduate tax students the opportunity to work together on specific tax cases.
I have a PhD in taxpayer behaviour, am a qualified accountant and before I moved into Higher Education worked for ConocoPhillips in International Tax.
- 2017: PhD Behavioural Economics, Coventry University
- 2016: MIT Sloan Executive Certificate in Management & Leadership,
- 2006: Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning,
- 1996: BA (Hons) Business Administration,
Member of professional body
- 1997: Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (FCMA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
Membership of external committee
- 2018: , UKIAG
UG External Examiner
- 2011 to 2013: , University of the West of England, United Kingdom
- 2013: External Consultant Regent's College, London specialising in Oil & Gas; Finance and Luxury Brand ManagementExternal Consultant Regent's College, London specialising in Oil & Gas; Finance and Luxury Brand Management, Regent's University, United Kingdom
Deputy Dean Sheffield Business School
Department of Finance, Accounting and Business Systems
Sheffield Business School
Fin Accounting & Man Accounting
McAuliffe, E. (2014). Tax as Learning Machines. Critical Perspectives on Accounting.
McAuliffe, E. (2012). Educating Tax; Exploring the explosion of taxation teaching: a European comparison. International Journal of Management Education (IJME).
McAuliffe, E. (2013). Transfer Pricing: A Pharmaceutical Industry Focus.