Languages - Basic in Arabic and French. Fluent in Gujarati, Hindi, Urdu and English
I am a Lecturer in Banking, Investment and Financial Management in the Finance and Banking Subject Group. Prior to this I have worked for HSBC bank and First Direct Bank. I have a Masters degree and a PGCert from Sheffield Hallam University, an Undergraduate degree from Symbiosis College and a Diploma from the National Institute of Events Management. I teach on a range of modules and supervise dissertations focusing on Finance, Regulation, Banking and Risk Management. I am a people person with first-hand experience of banking, finance, accouting, sales, marketing, planning, budgeting and managing resources. My research interests are in the field of Finance, Banking, Regulation, Distressed Investments, Corporate Insolvency and Fund Management.
- 2013: Post Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2009: MA Banking and Finance, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2008: BA Commerce, Other, United Kingdom
- 2007: DEM, Diploma in Events Management, Other, United Kingdom
- 2012 to date: Doctor of Philosophy, Finance and Banking, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
External Leadership Position
Company Board membership
- 2018: ,
- 2017: ,
- Mergers and Acquisition (UG Level 6 and PG Level 7); Finance (PG level 7); Financial Risk Management (PG level 7); International Financial Management (PG level 7); Teaching a range of modules: Finance; Corporate Finance; Financial Regulation and Supervision; Financial Regulation, Supervision and Ethics; Risk Management in Banking; Credit Analysis.
- Finance Accounting and Business Systems
Sheffield Business School
Finance and Banking
2012 to 2016: Mergers and Acquisitions, Financial Service Regulation and Ethics, Financial Regulation and Supervision, Credit Analysis, Risk Management in Banking, Corporate Finance, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
TRAN, Thi Thu Huong and BHAIYAT, Firoz (2016). Evaluating the Efficiency of Vietnamese Commercial Banks using Data Envelopment Analysis. In: 6th Annual International Conference on Accounting and Finance, Singapore, 30th to 31st May 2016. (In Press)
BHAIYAT, Firoz and GARROW, Nigel (2015). Evaluating the Effect of Top Management Attributes on the Probability of Default. In: International Conference on Research and Business Sustainability, IIT Roorkee, Greater Noida, India, 4th December 2015 to 6th December 2015.
Conference Paper: BHAIYAT, F. (2018), 'Executive motivation, TMT loyalty, TMT effectiveness and the probability of default'. Paper presented at British Academy of Management Corporate Governance SIG
Conference Paper: BHAIYAT, F. HUONG, T. (2016), 'Evaluating the Efficiency of Vietnamese Commercial Banks using Data Envelopment Analysis'. Paper presented at 6th Annual International Conference on Accounting and Finance
Conference Paper: BHAIYAT, F. (2016), 'Corporate Governance SIG Working paper'. Paper presented at Corporate Governance SIG
Conference Paper: BHAIYAT, F. GARROW, N. (2015), 'Top Management Team and Corporate Default'. Paper presented at ICRBS Conference 2015
Conference Speaker: BHAIYAT, F. (2018), 'Impact of TMT characteristics and probability of default research', in Sheffield Hallam University Creating Knowledge Conference
Share this page
Are you sure you want to cancel your place on Saturday 12 November?