I am a Senior Lecturer in Banking, Investment and Financial Management in the Finance, Accounting and Business Systems department and Sheffield Hallam University. Prior to this I have worked for HSBC Bank and First Direct Bank. I have a Masters in Banking and Finance and a PGCert in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education from Sheffield Hallam University, an Undergraduate Business degree from Symbiosis College and a Diploma in Events Management from the National Institute of Events Management. I teach on a range of Finance modules and supervise dissertations focusing on Finance, Corporate Governance, Banking and Risk Management. I am a people person with first-hand experience of banking, finance and accouting. My research interests are in the field of Corporate Governance, Finance, Banking, Regulation, Distressed Investments, Corporate Insolvency and Fund Management.
- 2012 to 2018: Doctor of Philosophy, Finance and Banking, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2013: Post Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2009: MA Banking and Finance, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2008: BA Commerce, Other, United Kingdom
- 2007: DEM, Diploma in Events Management, Other, United Kingdom
External Leadership Position
Company Board membership
- 2018: ,
- 2017: ,
- Developed and led on Financial Management (UG Level 5); Mergers and Acquisition (UG Level 6 and PG Level 7); Finance (PG level 7); Financial Risk Management (PG level 7); International Financial Management (PG level 7); Teaching a range of modules: Finance; Corporate Finance; Financial Regulation and Supervision; Financial Regulation, Supervision and Ethics; Risk Management in Banking; Credit Analysis.
- Finance Accounting and Business Systems
Sheffield Business School
Finance and Banking
2012 to present: Mergers and Acquisitions, Financial Service Regulation and Ethics, Financial Regulation and Supervision, Credit Analysis, Risk Management in Banking, Corporate Finance, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
Jamieson, D., Awolowo, I., Garrow, N., Winfield, J., & Bhaiyat, F. (2018). Financial shenanigans: The importance of anti-fraud education. In PAN IIT International Management Conference, Roorkee, India, 30 November 2018 - 2018 (pp. 1-12). Indian Institute of Technology: http://paniitimc18.in/
Bhaiyat, F. (2016). Corporate Governance SIG Working paper.
Tran, T.T.H., & Bhaiyat, F. (2016). Evaluating the Efficiency of Vietnamese Commercial Banks using Data Envelopment Analysis. Presented at: 6th Annual International Conference on Accounting and Finance, Singapore, 2016
Bhaiyat, F. (2015). Top Management Team and Corporate Default.
Bhaiyat, F., & Garrow, N. (2015). Evaluating the Effect of Top Management Attributes on the Probability of Default. Presented at: International Conference on Research and Business Sustainability, IIT Roorkee, Greater Noida, India, 2015
HEA fellow or senior fellow
- 2013: Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy, Higher Education Academy (HEA), United Kingdom
Prize or best paper
- 2018: SHU Doctoral Researcher of the Year, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
Research funding or grant
- 2018: SBS Pedagogic Innovation Fund, Sheffield Business School, United Kingdom
- 2018: Inspirational Teaching Award, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom