- 2014: PhD in Accounting, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- 2009: Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka
- 2006: BSc in Accounting (Hons), University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka
- Passed Finalist of The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK,
- Management Accounting
- Research Methodology and Methods
- Joint Research Project Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, AUS
- Management Accounting, Organisations and Society; Role of Accounting in exceptional situations
Department of Finance, Accounting and Business Systems
Sheffield Business School
Fin Accounting & Man Accounting
Gunatilake, G. (2015). Accounting Practices: The Change I See. Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Accounting Conference.
Gunatilake, G., Lord, B., & Dixon, K. (2018). Politics of Accounting in Privatising Sri Lanka Telecom. Presented at: 11th Conference on New Directions in Management Accounting, Brussels, 2018
Gunatilake, G. (2017). Corporate social responsibility: A propaganda strategy for the sustainability of the corporation.
Gunatilake, G. (2015). Accounting Practices: The Change I See.
Gunatilake, G. (2011). Organizational Accounting Practices in the Economic, Political, Cultural and Technological Revision of Organizations: A Sinhalese Buddhist Perspective.