I am a senior lecturer in Strategic Management, teaching across both undergraduate and postgraduate levels and currently course leader for BA (Hons) business Studies
My teaching is informed by a commitment to bridging the gaps between the academic environment and the world of management practice so that when students enter employment they do so with awareness and an array of skills that prepares them for the challenges of contemporary business.
This model of professional relevance permeates my whole approach to teaching and learning so that students are challenged to make appropriate connections between what they learn in the classroom and as independent learners, and the demands of the business environment.
My own industry experiences, including my position as a company director, have informed both my teaching and my commitment to ensuring that students make the best use of their time in the university.
I am an experienced external examiner, course leader and an experienced practitioner in curriculum development and quality management in Higher Education and my experience in the UK and overseas underpin both my practice in learning and teaching and my clear focus on student experience.
- 2007: Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), United Kingdom
- 2005: Master of Business Administration, University of Hull, United Kingdom
- 1998: Post Graduate Certificate in Education, University of Huddersfield, United Kingdom
- 1994: BA (Hons) Business Administration, Leeds Metropolitan University, United Kingdom
Member of professional body
- 2014: , Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), United Kingdom
- 2013: , Higher Education Academy (HEA), United Kingdom
- 2004: , Chartered Management Institute (CMI), United Kingdom
- 2003 to 2013: , Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM), United Kingdom
PG External Examiner
- 2012 to 2016: , Leeds Metropolitan University, United Kingdom
UG External Examiner
- 2008 to 2012: , University of Hull, United Kingdom
- 2016 to 2017: , Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
Sheffield Business School
I am a senior lecturer in Strategic Management, teaching across both undergraduate and postgraduate levels and currently course leader for BA (Hons) Business Studies
Littlewood, G. (2017). Staff & students perceptions of intellectual stimulation within undergraduate study at York St John University.
Littlewood, G. (2015). The implementation of PRIME in a Business School: Do we really need to change anything?
Littlewood, G. (2012). CiSP: Case studies in pedagogy research project – “What’s in the news” Using case studies in business education - enhancing learning in a level 3 module.