I joined Sheffield Hallam University in September 2018, and teach on various banking and finance modules that reflect my critical research interests. These include areas of specialist banking, UK post-crisis banking regulation, as well as the politics of regulation, financialisation, financial crisis and heterodox economics.
I completed my PhD thesis in February 2019, entitled "A critique of post-crisis structural and prudential banking regulation: the UK case", at the University of Manchester Alliance Manchester Business School.
Over a 15 year period, I worked in numerous London-based banking institutions (Natwest, RBS, HBoS and Lloyds) as a Director — specialising in mid-market private equity-based leveraged buy-outs. I also held senior positions in loan origination, portfolio management and secondary trading of primary flow and distressed situations. I was also on the Board of the European Loan Market Association’s Legal Documentation and Trade Practices Committee.
- 2019 Ph.D (University of Manchester)
- 1999 LL.M (Hons) (Lancaster University)
- 1998 LL.B (Hons) (Lancaster University)
- Visiting Fellow
- University of Manchester
- 2014 - 2020 Teaching Global MBA (Manchester, Sao Paulo, Dubai & Hong Kong)
- Leading and Managing in a Global Environment
Department of Finance, Accounting and Business Systems, Sheffield Business School
- Corporate Finance
- Asset Classes
- International Financial Markets
- Risk Management in Banking
- International Financial Management
- Financial Services Regulation and Ethics
- Consultancy and University of Manchester
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- Financialised Economy
- Financial Crisis, Financial Cycles and Uncertainty
- Responsible Finance - Ethics and Sustainability
(2020 - Forthcoming) Prudential Regulation and Management Bricoleurs: Evidence from a UK Banking Takeover
(2020 - Forthcoming) Effects of Basel III on bank business models: implications for high risk asset portfolios
Crowther, I. and Ertürk, I., (2016) 'Post-crisis bank regulation and financialized bank business models', in The Routledge Companion to Banking Regulation and Reform, p.273.
Crowther, I., and Glover, P. M. (2012) 'Rights of last look: legitimate tool or abuse of the auction process', in Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, pp. 608-611, Nov ed., London.