- 2014: Post Graduate Certificate, Learning and Teaching, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2007: Master of Science, Finance (Distinction), University of Leicester, United Kingdom
- 1989: BA (Hons) in Accounting (2.1), University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom
Learning and Development
- 2016: Liaising with professional accountancy bodies and employers to further degree apprenticeship development, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW), United Kingdom
Maintenance of professional recognition
- 2013: Conference attendance, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), United Kingdom
PG External Examiner
- 2014 to 2017: External Examiner - MBA, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom
UG External Examiner
- 2018 to 2021: , University of Ulster
- 2016 to 2019: External Examiner, Napier University, United Kingdom
- 2016 to 2019: External Examiner, Greenwich School of Management, United Kingdom
- I teach across a range of Management Accounting and Financial Management modules, from Level 4 to Level 7. Module Leaderships include Management Accounting (Level 4), Strategic Management Accounting (Level 6), Financial Fluency for Decision-Making (Level 6) and International Financial Management (Level 7) I am responsible for the development and delivery of the teaching and learning materials for these modules.
- I have recently (2018) become involved with developing partnerships with local firms in the Sheffield area with a view to encouraging greater collaboration between these firms and SHU, including participation in Advisory Boards and sponsorship of prizes.
- Part of my remit as Subject Group Leader is to liaise with and develop relationships with Professional Bodies including ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW.
Department of Finance, Accounting and Business Systems
Sheffield Business School
Fin Accounting & Man Accounting
2013 to present: Management Accounting (all levels), Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
Buick, L. (2012). CIMA F3 Financial Strategy Study Text. London: BPP Learning Media.
Buick, L. (2010). CIMA P2 Performance Management Study Text. London: BPP Learning Media.
Buick, L. (2010). ACCA F2 Management Accounting Study Text. London: BPP Learning Media.
Buick, L. (2007). ACCA P4 Advanced Financial Management Study Text. London: BPP Learning Media.
- 2016: Development and delivery of short 'Finance for Non-finance Managers' courses, Confidential, United Kingdom
- 2016: Staff/Student Engagement Focus Group, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2014: Conference attendance, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), United Kingdom
- 2013: Conference attendance, Management and Control Association, United Kingdom
HEA fellow or senior fellow
- 2014: Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, Higher Education Academy (HEA), United Kingdom
Prize or best paper
- 2007: Best MSc Finance student by Distance Learning, University of Leicester, United Kingdom