- 2014: Post Graduate Certificate, Learning and Teaching, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2007: Master of Science, Finance (Distinction), University of Leicester, United Kingdom
- 1989: BA (Hons) in Accounting (2.1), University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom
Learning and Development
- 2016: Liaising with professional accountancy bodies and employers to further degree apprenticeship development, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW), United Kingdom
Maintenance of professional recognition
- 2013: Conference attendance, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), United Kingdom
PG External Examiner
- 2014 to 2017: External Examiner - MBA, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom
UG External Examiner
- 2018 to 2021: , University of Ulster
- 2016 to 2019: External Examiner, Napier University, United Kingdom
- 2016 to 2019: External Examiner, Greenwich School of Management, United Kingdom
- I teach across a range of Management Accounting and Financial Management modules, from Level 4 to Level 7. Module Leaderships include Management Accounting (Level 4), Strategic Management Accounting (Level 6), Financial Fluency for Decision-Making (Level 6) and International Financial Management (Level 7) I am responsible for the development and delivery of the teaching and learning materials for these modules.
- I have recently (2018) become involved with developing partnerships with local firms in the Sheffield area with a view to encouraging greater collaboration between these firms and SHU, including participation in Advisory Boards and sponsorship of prizes.
- Part of my remit as Subject Group Leader is to liaise with and develop relationships with Professional Bodies including ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW.
Sheffield Business School
Fin Accounting & Man Accounting
2013 to present: Management Accounting (all levels), Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
Buick, L. (2012). CIMA F3 Financial Strategy Study Text. London: BPP Learning Media.
Buick, L. (2010). CIMA P2 Performance Management Study Text. London: BPP Learning Media.
Buick, L. (2010). ACCA F2 Management Accounting Study Text. London: BPP Learning Media.
Buick, L. (2007). ACCA P4 Advanced Financial Management Study Text. London: BPP Learning Media.
- 2016: Development and delivery of short 'Finance for Non-finance Managers' courses, Confidential, United Kingdom
- 2016: Staff/Student Engagement Focus Group, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2014: Conference attendance, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), United Kingdom
- 2013: Conference attendance, Management and Control Association, United Kingdom
HEA fellow or senior fellow
- 2014: Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, Higher Education Academy (HEA), United Kingdom
Prize or best paper
- 2007: Best MSc Finance student by Distance Learning, University of Leicester, United Kingdom