Lilia is a Senior Lecturer in Strategic Management and Course Leader for undergraduate business degrees delivered at our collaborative FE College at Manchester. She lectures to undergraduate and postgraduate MBA students. Here vocation was inspired by her second degree in Strategic Financial Management (Sheffield Business School, Sheffield Hallam University). She came to Sheffield from Algeria further to gaining experience in the Steel industry working closely with foreign multinational partners and local leading industry partners.
Lilia's academic interests are in
- Strategic management
- Phenomenology and the work of Husserl and van Manen
- Organisation studies and the influence of phenomenological thinking
- General Management
- Management Planning and Decision Making
- International students' engagement
- Improving Students' experience
- Supporting international students in their transition to UK institutions
Lilia worked closely with the international head of China at Sheffield Business School in recruiting students from China through a series of visits to Colleges across China delivering taster sessions and lectures. She has worked collaboratively in developing and embedding skills programme for International students at level 6.
Lilia developed and delivered a successful Strategy module for over 150 international direct-entants students at level 6. Currently, developed and leading a strategy module for over 250 students at Level 6 in the area of strategy and change working collaboratively with colleagues and researchers within the business schools to develop paradoxical thinking.
Her research interests fits in with her teaching expertise researching academics lived experiences in Strategising.
- 2010: Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education, Other, United Kingdom
- 2007: Master of Arts, Strategic Management, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2006: Post Graduate Diploma in Business and English, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2005: BA English Studies, Universite National D'Alger, Faculte de Bourareah, Algeria
- 2010 to date: Doctor of Philosophy, Strategic Management, Sheffield Business School, United Kingdom
CPD/ Attendance at annual conferences
- 2015: Case Study Writing, Case Center
- 2015: Leaders Programme - Leadership Development, Sheffield Business School, United Kingdom
Member of professional body
- 2016: , Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- Contemporary Issues in International Business, Business Enviornment
- Organisation Studies, Strategy-as-practice, Strategic Management, Strategic Planning, Strategy Implementation, Managing Resource, Managing Business Environment
- Writing skills development, academic skills and integration, referencing - paraphrasing - argument building
- Academics Lived Experiences of Strategising-as-practice
- Phenomenology and the work of Husserl, Bachelard and Van Manen
- Collaborative course leader with Manahester College
Department of Management
Sheffield Business School
Baker, J., Zerguit, L., Pagdin, I., & Machon, J. (2017). LCFC - Against The Odds.Cranfield: The Case Centre.
Zerguit, L., Nicholson, J., & Elliott, C. (2016). Rethinking the boundaries of strategising-as-practice: phenomena, epiphany, epiphenomena. Presented at: British Academy of Management Conference, Newcastle
- 2012: Reviewing academic papers, ECRM, United Kingdom
HEA fellow or senior fellow
- 2010: FHEA, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
Prize or best paper
- 2012: Best Phd Paper Award, ECRM, United Kingdom
- 2007: Ifs School of Finance Best Disseration Award, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom