Lynda Hinxman is the Assistant Dean for Employer Engagement at Sheffield Business School. Her role incorporates raising the profile of SBS and enhancing the student experience by developing sustainable relationships with a wide range of private and public sector organisations. Her portfolio comprises two interlinking areas of activity: Student Employability, including work-based placements, co-curricular opportunities, to develop employability skills; Corporate Programmes and Executive Education, including Degree Apprenticeships, CPD, and work-based learning initiatives.
Clients include Nestlé, SIG, Astra Zenica, Co-operative, Local Government and NHS. Lynda is a Chartered Surveyor by profession, and prior to joining Sheffield Hallam University was a senior executive at Norwich Union Investment Management. Prior to this, Lynda held senior surveyoring roles in the Costain Group and Shell UK. Lynda's academic interests and activities focus on emotional intelligence, workforce development and coaching. Business/Organisations & Research Collaborations: Nestlé, Sheffield First, RocheMartin, JNBentley, Linear, SIG, Fort Hays State University (Kansas, USA), Tata Steel, Outokumpu Stainless Distribution, Mandarin Oriental, Sheffield City Regional Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) Kaunas University of Technology (Lithuania), Yorkshire & Humber, UK Trade & Investment, Leeds Teaching Hospital Trust, Compass Group, Sheffield Chamber of Commerce, EY, New Era Development UK, Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
- 1995: Post Graduate Certificate in Further and Higher Education , Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 1988: RICS, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, United Kingdom
- 1986: Bachelors Degree, Sheffield City Polytechnic, United Kingdom
Member of professional body
- 1990: , Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors , United Kingdom
Membership of external committee
- 2017: , Sheffield City Council, United Kingdom
- 2017: , Chartered Association of Business Schools, United Kingdom
- 2015: , Sheffield City Council, United Kingdom
- I am a member of the Sheffield City Partnership Board. The Board is committed to effective collaboration, aiming to ensure that the key organisations and leaders in Sheffield are working together to build effective and inclusive solutions to the challenges facing the city, share responsibility, and ensure that Sheffield is fully grasping all opportunities.The Board is Chaired by Lord Blunkett
- I am a member of the Sheffield Business School's Advisory Board. The Advisory Board provides an external perspective on the School’s strategy and vision and helps the School with its wider engagement regionally, nationally and internationally. The Board is Chaired by Ian Sarson, Director Compass Group
- Emotional Intelligence
- I am qualified to deliver coaching and personal development initiatives in emotional intelligencence and work with senior individuals and teams with the aim of improving individual and team performance.
- I am a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Sheffield Business School
2008 to present: Leadership development, Coaching, Emotional Intelligence , Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
1996 to 2003: Change Management, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
1996 to 2003: Contemporary Issues in FM, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
1984 to 2003: MA Property Management , Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
1984 to 2003: BSc (Hons) Urban Land Economics, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom