Mel is a Principal Lecturer and Programme Lead for the MBA in Sheffield Business School. Her doctoral research focused on reflective practice and organisational behaviour. She also has a Masters in Communications. Mel currently lectures on the undergraduate and postgraduate programme in Facilities Management and across the MBA programme specialising in her passion of organisational behaviour including communication and reflective practice. She has written two book chapters and a journal article encompassing change, communication and FM and has written and presented a paper on the teaching of reflective practice in Barcelona and also in Glasgow for the EURO FM.
- 2014: Doctorate of Business Administration, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2006: MA Communication Studies, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- Higher National Certificate, Non business related, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
Member of professional body
- 2011: , British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM)
- Facilities Management
- Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Focus on the use of reflective pratice and the impact this has on behaviour in the workplace
- Women in Leadership in a Facilities Management context
- CPD/ Training
- British Institute of Facilities Management
Dept Of Management
Sheffield Business School
2015 to present: Developing Personal and Professional Leadership Practice, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
BULL, Melanie (2014). People matter: a hermeneutic exploration of reflective practice and facilities management. Doctoral, Sheffield Hallam University.
BULL, Melanie and KORTENS, J. (2012). Strategies for communication. In: ALEXANDER, K. and PRICE, I., (eds.) Managing organizational ecologies : space, management and organization. Routledge, 178-188.
BULL, Melanie and BROWN, Tim (2012). Change communication : the impact on satisfaction with alternative workplace strategies. Facilities, 30 (3/4), 135-151.
BULL, Melanie and BROWN, Tim (2011). Implementing change. In: FINCH, Edward, (ed.) Facilities Change Management. Chichester, Wiley-Blackwell, 108-122.
Journal article: Bull, M. Brown, T. (2011), 'Change communication: The impact on satisfaction with alternative workplace strategies.', Facilities, vol 30, no 3/4, pp. 135-151
Journal article: Bull, M. (2010), 'FM and Communication', FM World, vol 0
Conference Paper: Bull, M. (2015), 'Improving Facilities Managers through Reflective Practice Education'. Paper presented at EuroFM Research Symposium
Conference Paper: Taylor, C. Bull, M. (2014), 'Teaching Reflective Practice; can Human Resource Management (HRM) learn from research in other disciplines.'. Paper presented at 25th SPACE Network Conference held on 23-25 April 2014 , Barcelona.
- 2016: Inspirational Lecturer, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
HEA fellow or senior fellow
- 2011: Certified British Institute of Facilities Management member (CBIFM), British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM)
- 2008: Fellow of Higher Education Academy, Higher Education Academy (HEA)
Are you sure you want to cancel your place on Saturday 12 November?