My academic background lies in psycholinguistics, cognitive and social psychology, with clinical experience in the NHS on stroke units and private sectors in both adults and adolescent’s mental health services. I have forensic experience on low and medium secure units.
My research and teaching concerns qualitative and quantitative research methods; cognitive, cyber, social, forensic, and health psychology. My current research is focused on:
My current research is focused on:
1) Cyberpsychology and projects related to online dating.
2) Interlingual homographs and the bilingual lexicon
3) Health Literacy
4) Student perceptions on Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTAs)
- Brain, Behaviour and Cognition Research Group;
- Education, Lifespan and Development Research Group;
- Language Research Group.