I joined Sheffield Hallam University in August 2007 and teach on a range of subject areas at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Prior to joining Sheffield Hallam I was at Leeds Metropolitan University where I was the undergraduate course leader and one of the 'pioneer' developers of flexible and blended learning for the hospitality subject group. In January 2007, I was a visiting professor to the School of Business and Economics, University of Zagreb, working with senior industry managers from Croatia. Before entering higher education, I worked in a large further and higher education institution where I managed craft, advanced craft and supervisory courses in hospitality and licensed retail. This followed six years working in the hotel industry, up to senior management level for a British based, luxury hotel group. Research interests - service operations - quality management - food and beverage service enhancement * international student support and cultural awareness. Teaching interests - service operations management - quality management - food and beverage management - dissertation supervision. Supervision - undergraduate and postgraduate dissertation supervisor.
- 2011: MSc TQM & Business Excellence, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 1996: BA Hotel Management and Administration, University of Huddersfield, United Kingdom
- 1994: CIEH Advanced Food Hygiene Management, University of Huddersfield, United Kingdom
- 1993: WSET Higher Diploma in Wines and Spirits, Other, United Kingdom
- 1991: Hospitality, Catering and International Management Association Professional Diploma, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom
- 2012 to date: Business Administration, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
Sheffield Business School
Hayward, R. (2013). A Cross-Cultural Analysis of Chinese Decision Making.
Hayward, R. (2007). An Exploratory Study Of International Orientation of Marriott In Leeds, UK.