Dr. Sarah Fidment is teaching fellow of the Higher Education Academy, Principal Lecturer and Programme Leader for the work based learning Professional Business Practice courses at Sheffield Business School. Her role in the Sheffield Business School is to provide strategic direction and development of innovative work based business education and leadership development in the private sector, nationally and internationally. She has a track record of developing innovative and cutting edge educational products and services that have won national awards. Her main drive and motivation is to celebrate the difference and diversity of each learner and work with them to flourish to become an independent and autonomous life- long learner. Sarah is a Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Personnel and Development (FCIPD), has a DBA (Doctorate in Business Administration), a MSc in Leadership & Management in Education and a Diploma in Human Resource Management. Her research interests include embodied sense making, developing non-traditional qualitative research techniques, and exploring reflexive approaches to management and research, practice and learning.
- 2015: Doctorate of Business Administration, Business Studies, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2002: MSc Leadership and Management, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2000: PGDip Human Resource Management, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2000: BA Business and Finance, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
Member of professional body
- 2008: , Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Management / Organisational Behaviour
- I specialise in leadership development and embodied leadership identity formation. I contribute to the pedagogical development of leadership by bringing together childhood development, adult development and social theory.
- Nestle Chartered Management Degree Apprentice Scheme
- SIG Collaborative Award
Department of Management
Sheffield Business School