Prior to joining Sheffield Hallam I worked as an accountant in both the public and private sectors having qualified with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) in 1993. More recently, I specialised in charity finance and held senior financial positions at Macmillan Cancer Support and St John Ambulance.
I joined Sheffield Hallam University as a senior lecturer in 2007 and very much enjoy helping and supporting our students. My main teaching interests are financial reporting and taxation.
I am course leader for BA Accounting and Finance, a role with responsibility for ensuring our students have a good course experience.
I am also external examiner for De Montfort University, Leicester, helping with the quality and standards of their accounting and finance programme.
I currently work with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants as a marker for their Paper F7 Financial Reporting.
- 2009: Post Graduate Certificate in Education, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 1993: ACCA, Other
External Leadership Position
- 2017: , Football Unites, Racism Divides (Charity), United Kingdom
Programme or Unit leadership
- 2017: , Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
UG External Examiner
- 2015: , De Montfort University
- 2011 to 2014: Accounting & Finance Board, De Montfort University, United Kingdom
- Financial Accounting and Management Accounting
- Member of prof body
- Working with Prof body
Sheffield Business School
Fin Accounting & Man Accounting
2016 to present: Financial Accounting & Reporting, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
2016 to present: Principles of Taxation, Sheffield Hallam University