Tony O’Brien is a Senior Lecturer at Sheffield Business School. He previously worked for over forty years as an accountant engaged in business finance, general management, IT and the management and implementation of Information Systems. He has worked for a number of large organisations including Shell, British Gypsum, British Oxygen, Great Universal Stores and more recently Remploy. He is an (ACIS) associate member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) and holds a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) from Nottingham Business School and an MBA from Leeds Business School.
•Financial and Management Information
•Strategic Management Accounting
•Strategic Management of Information and Knowledge Resources
•Financial Information for Business Decisions
•Financial Decision Making
•Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
- 2016 to date: FHEA, Higher Education Academy (HEA), United Kingdom
- 2015: Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
- 2011: Doctorate of Business Administration, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom
- 1992: Master of Business Administration, Leeds Beckett Univeristy, United Kingdom
- 1973: ACIS, Instit, United Kingdom
- 1969: HNC Business Studies, Other, United Kingdom
Programme or Unit leadership
- 2016: , University College Dublin
Department of Finance, Accounting and Business Systems
Sheffield Business School
Business Operations and Systems
Ge, M., O’Brien, T., & Helfert, M. (2017). Predicting Data Quality Success - The Bullwhip Effect in Data Quality. Perspectives in Business Informatics Research, 157-165. http://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-64930-6_12
O'Brien, A. (2015). Accounting for Data Quality in Enterprise Systems. In Elsivar, (Ed.) Conference book. (1). (pp. 442-449). Oxford: Elsevier Science
O'Brien, A. (2017). Predicting Data Quality Success - The Bullwhip Effect in Data Quality.
O'Brien, A. (2015). Accounting' for data quality.
O'Brien, A., & Sukumar, A. (2013). The Challenge to Tackle Information Risk: European Case Study.
O'Brien, A., & Sukumar, A. (2013). The value of good data - A quality perspective.
O'Brien, A. (2011). Sustaining Data Quality- Creating and Sustaining Data Quality within diverse Resource Planning and Information Systems.
- 2017: , Helsinki Metropolia University, Finland