The Cantor building on Furnival Street houses elements of the Faculty of Arts, Computing, Engineering and Sciences, as well as other campus facilities. It has a total floor space of 9500m², houses over 240 staff and provides teaching space for more than 1600 students.
- wi-fi technology
- pool teaching rooms, including classrooms to teach from 25 - 80 students
- specialist faculty facilities
- a double height lecture theatre at first and second floor level
- dramatic three-storey glass open atrium
- meeting rooms
- office accommodation
- specialist IT facilities
- reception desk area
- catering outlet
- parking for disabled badge holders
- cycle racks
One exciting feature is the large level window along Furnival Street, forming an active frontage onto Arundel Gate. Here, the gallery space enables students to display their work to passers by forming a public interface along Arundel Street. This effectively provides a shop window for our student work.
This building also boasts some of the most sustainable and energy-saving features anywhere in the city.