Fees and funding
As a nursery we offer full day sessions at the following rates:
|0-3 years||£50.50 per day|
|3-5 years||£47.50 per day|
- The cost of snacks is charged in addition to this daily rate at 50p per child per day.
- A hot midday meal can be provided by our external supplier at a cost of £3.00 per child per day. Alternatively you can bring a packed lunch for your child.
- Nappies can be provided by the nursery at a cost of 50p per day per child. Alternatively parents can supply their own on a daily basis.
- Please note: full nursery fees are charged for sickness and holidays. No charge is made for Bank Holidays or staff training days.
Sheffield Hallam University students
Payment for your annual nursery care is split into nine monthly installments, due on the 1st of each month. Details of how to pay are given on your invoice, which we will send you after you have signed a contract accepting your place at the nursery. Please read the terms and conditions on the back of your contract carefully.
Payment for your annual nursery care is split into 11 instalments, due on the 1st of each month. There is no payment in August. August sessions are booked as extras and invoiced seperately. Details of how to pay are given on your invoice, which we will send you after you have signed a contract accepting your place at the nursery. Please read the terms and conditions on the back of your contract carefully.
There are grants available from Local Education Authorities to help students with their childcare costs and you should obtain further information from your own Local Education Authority.
Further advice about childcare funding, including schemes run by Sheffield Hallam University, can be obtained from:
Free Early Learning (FEL) - 15 & 30 Hours Childcare
Available for some 2 year old children and all 3 and 4 year old children.
Up to 15 hours FEL a week of funded childcare are available for all children aged 3-4, and eligible 2 year olds for a total of 38 weeks a year. The dates are laid out in our nursery calendars. Weeks outside the 38 funded weeks will be charged at the daily rate.
3 year olds become eligible from the term after their third birthday. 2 year olds become eligible after their second birthday if they have received an approval letter.
Children born on or between:
- 1 Apr–31 Aug will be eligible to claim from the Autumn term (1 Sept–31 Dec)
- 1 Sep–31 Dec will be eligible to claim from the Spring term (1 Jan–31 Mar)
- 1 Jan–31 Mar will be eligible to claim from the Summer term (1 Apr–31 Jul)
Availability needs to be discussed and mutually agreeable sessions determined that suits you as a family as well as availability at the nursery. Sessions can be changed on a termly basis as per our terms and conditions.
2 year old FEL sessions can be taken between 9am and 5pm.
Extended Free Entitlement (EFE)
30 hours funding is available for working families with 3-4 year olds, and is subject to eligibility criteria detailed in our funding pack.
EFE can be claimed over 38 week term dates as laid out in our non-student calendar. Weeks outside the 38 funded weeks will be charged at the daily rate. How we offer FEL and EFE funded sessions
We offer set funded sessions of up to 6 hours per day, 3 hours from 9am to 12pm and 3 hours from 1pm to 4pm as follows:
|Wrap around care||FEL/EFE||Wrap around care||FEL/EFE||Wrap around care||Wrap around care|
The cost of wrap around care is £7.00 per hour.
Sheffield Hallam University is not responsible for the content of external websites