Welcome to Sheffield Hallam University's sustainability website, providing information and progress against our aim to be a leading sustainable university.
Sheffield Hallam recognises its responsibility to ensure sound, environmentally sustainable, operational practice in all its activities. Similarly, there is recognition of the need for teaching and research undertaken by the University to incorporate the concept of sustainable development.
The University is committed to embedding environmental concerns into all operations, decisions and actions. Documents, policies and plans demonstrating this commitment to our stakeholders, as well as progress reports, can be found here.
Awards and accolades
- the University has been externally accredited to ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 since 2011. It is also one of the first universities to successfully transition to ISO 14001:2015. These systems ensure progress against targets is achieved and environmental impacts of operations are managed
- awarded a 2.1 class award in the People and Planet University League 2016 ranking 32nd out of 150 HEIs. This is scored according to environmental credentials and achievements
- we were shortlisted as finalists for two Green Gown Awards in the Continuous Improvement and Learning and Skills categories in 2016
- we have been a Fairtrade-certified organisation since 2007
- the Students' Union is a Green Impact GOLD award winner
- the Granary catering outlet at Collegiate Campus has achieved Sustainable Restaurant Association Award
- Sheffield Business School is a UN-approved Principles for Responsible Business Management (PRME) faculty
Sheffield Hallam University is not responsible for any external content