One partner, countless benefits
We have a reputation for being responsive to business and pride ourselves on our successful commercial partnerships. When you’re looking for measurable success, our expertise, which incorporates world-renowned specialists in niche areas, includes
- advanced coatings
- automation and robotics
- corrosion and structural integrity
- infrastructure management
- materials engineering
- materials modelling and complex flows
- polymers and nanocomposites
- sustainability and process simulation
Draw on expertise that pushes limitations
We have extensive manufacturing expertise in our Materials and Engineering Research Institute. The Institute has a particular strength in materials and is home to a world-leading centre that specialises in PVD coatings.
Our work enhances the sustainability of everyday products, for example increasing how much we use consumer-recycled material, the move away from petroleum-based products, the development of low-cost solar panels and the use of lighter composites.
Our team of materials experts have worked on projects including
- developing new coatings that allow ships to cut through the sea with less resistance and so reduce fuel consumption
- researching how we can prevent corrosion in structures to make them last longer
- developing new building materials from waste
- designing compostable packaging materials
Talk to us about how we can work to help your organisation too.
Looking for research assistance in the sport, biomedical or food sectors?
These three other research centres also bring a wealth of expertise that you and your business can use to help you enhance the way you work.
- Centre for Sports Engineering Research
- Biomedical Research Centre
- National Centre of Excellence for Food Engineering
Find out more – download our manufacturing brochure.