From world-leading research to studies that steer policy
We have the expertise and experience to help you improve your policy-making strategy and make a positive impact on your business.
The research of our Centre for Regional Economic and Social Research (CRESR) has been recognised as having a world leading or internationally excellent impact on policy, practice and society*. If you’re a policy maker or practitioner charged with responding to challenges, CRESR has researchers to help you identify problems and suggest solutions.
Making a difference through dialogue
Government departments, local authorities and organisations use our policy research expertise and seek our advice. They include the DfE and the National College, organisations with specific interests – including charities such as Gatsby, Booktrust, the National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics and the Science Learning Centre Network –local authorities, teaching school alliances and head teachers.
From research to impact evaluation
Our research influences educational practice. We’ve delivered ten final reports and fourteen presentations to the DfE since 2008. The Department regularly uses these studies to steer policy.
Our research centres can help you to use appropriate research methods, carry out health and safety audits, ensure sound project and budget management, participate in dissemination and ensure effective and clear client management. Our research services cover a range of areas, including
- social and economic
- children and young people
- community and criminal justice
- voluntary sector
For policy making with impact
We’re as committed as you are to policy making that makes a meaningful impact. The services we offer you are designed to make this happen
- qualitative research methods
- statistical data analysis
- data quality audits
- survey design and implementation
- structured and semi-structured interviews and focus groups
- process and outcome evaluations
- ethical rigour and data protection protocols
- producing high quality reports
Find out more – download our business brochure.
* In the national assessment of research in UK universities, coordinated and managed by the Higher Education Funding Council for England