Go the distance
We’re helping to drive the sports industry forward – from grass roots through to Olympic level. We provide market-leading commercial services to a wide range of organisations and individuals, backed up by sports research that’s ranked fourth in the UK.
Whether we're working with athletes or coaches to improve technique or collaborating with sports manufacturers to enhance equipment, our expertise could be the difference between winning and losing.
A total solution
When you're working with us, you're working with a partner that understands the whole business of sport and the wide-ranging challenges you face – and we’re in a very special position to offer you solutions for those. That’s because we can call on a unique breadth of expertise to make a positive difference to your sporting and business success, including in
You’ll have an opportunity to draw on the knowledge and work of our three internationally renowned sports research centres. One of these is the largest research centre in the world that focuses on sports engineering. Another is one of only four University Innovation Partners to UK Sport.
Between them, our centres
- provided technical support to a number of Olympic teams in the run-up to London 2012, including GB Boxing, GB Diving and British Cycling
- work with organisations including UK Sport, ITF, Prince, Speedo, Which, Zen Oracle, Sports Turf Research Institute, Puma, Rawlings, Reebok, Ping, Planet X Bikes, Cervelo Cycles, and other companies working in the sports sector
Read more about our sports research centres
- The Centre for Sport and Exercise Science
- The Centre for Sports Engineering Research
- The Sport Industry Research Centre
Sport performance and participation
Choose from our specialist services to enhance the performance of athletes, coaches, teams and products; helping you deliver your whole sport plan through support, training, development, innovation and research. We can help you discover which investments will deliver the best returns, determine what actions will bring about changes in behaviour and measure the impact to inform future decisions.
Our research, consultancy and teaching are all conducted in our world-class facilities, including some of the best laboratories in the UK. We also have a campus at the English Institute of Sport Sheffield that contains some of the country's finest sporting facilities.
Find out more – download our brochure.