Access our talent
Looking for fresh perspectives?
As one of the UK’s leading applied universities, we’re keenly aware that the workforce of tomorrow is in our hands today. We have access to thousands of the brightest minds, working across subject areas and waiting to boost your business.
Our students and graduates can fill long and short-term skills gaps. Get in touch on 0114 225 5000 to find out more.
How we can help
You can access our pool of graduates, students and experts in various ways. From initial contact with us, we can tailor our response to your needs. We can help you with anything in the hiring and recruitment process – from helping with job descriptions and providing interview space, to discussing funding opportunities and advising on careers fairs.
In particular, we offer
- recruitment – partner with or employ students and graduates with the right skills and knowledge to support your objectives
- work placements – our track record for delivering successful, mutually beneficial work placements is one of the strongest in the UK
- bespoke schemes – mentor a student, hire an intern or brief a bespoke postgraduate team to undertake a strategic project for your business
- scholarships, bursaries and sponsorship opportunities are also available
Our track record
We deliver skilled, workplace-ready graduates for a range of major businesses. Network Rail, Cadbury Trebor Bassett and Evenort are just three of the major UK employers who have benefited from accessing our talent.
We have also worked with innovative Sheffield-based companies that are making an impact across the globe.
- WANdisco is shaping the future of data infrastructure. With clients including IBM, Amazon, Dell and Microsoft, the company’s rapid growth is being supported by student placements from Sheffield Hallam.
- Sheffield Doc/Fest is one of the world’s leading documentary film festivals, welcoming 32,700 festival-goers each year. Through recruiting Sheffield Hallam students and graduates, the festival has found enthusiastic individuals with a diverse range of skills, who have in some cases gone on to become permanent, senior members of their team.
Our students and graduates are workplace ready – they study courses which teach applicable skills. Their expertise could be the solution that your business is looking for.
Jenny Cole, Employer Partnerships Manager, Directorate of Education and Employer Partnerships