Hiring an intern can breathe new life into your workplace — bringing fresh energy, new perspectives and specialist skills for periods of three to six months.
If you have work that would be useful to a student’s development, and can offer supervision and feedback as you would an employee, then an internship might be the solution you’ve been looking for.
Get in touch on 0114 225 5000 to find out more.
The benefits to your business
If you hire a student intern, you’ll receive cost-effective solutions to your business needs.
They allow you to
- cover staff leave, transfers and absence
- resource self-contained projects
- overcome business hurdles
- explore the graduate recruitment market
The benefits of our internships schemes include
- flexibility — you can opt for full-time internship or a part-time internship, at a 25 hour per-week minimum
- support — we will support you with advertising and shortlisting
- guidance — we have developed an induction programme to prepare students for their internships. The internship team at the University will also provide support for both parties.
We offer a range of options, including funded opportunities such as the Hallam Internship Scheme.
This scheme provides internship funding for up to eight weeks, which you can then extend with funds from your business.
It will be open from February 2019–September 2019.
Simply complete the registration form to apply.