Recruit with us
If you’re looking for competent, knowledgeable and professional staff — either on a short or long-term basis — our wide pool of talent is the solution you’ve been looking for.
Our students and graduates are
- highly sought after — 93% are in work or further study within six months of graduating, and 69% are in professional/managerial roles (DLHE 2015/2016)
- recruited by organisations from every sector, including leading global employers such as IBM, BBC and Network Rail
- armed with the up-to-date knowledge and workplace-ready skills that your business is looking for
As an applied university, employability is embedded in everything we do. Hiring from Sheffield Hallam means you can be sure your new recruits are armed with industry-specific and workplace-ready training.
So if you want to work with one of our students or graduates, you know they’re ready to work for you.
How we can help
We can help you find your ideal employee through
- free online advertising — advertise to more than 37,000 current students and 12,000 graduates per year
- Hallam Freelancers — find temporary staff when you need them
- internship schemes — fund an internship for your business, and gain fresh perspectives
- careers and recruitment fairs — reach a mass audience by exhibiting at fairs held throughout the year, including specific part-time events in October and February
- Careers connect— hold selection events, interviews and assessment activities in our dedicated space
- employer presentations and workshops — raise awareness of your organisation, graduate schemes and vacancies free of charge
- sponsorship — take out sponsorship on banner stands or career planning guides to reach thousands of students and graduates
- information stands — promote your business, and speak to students informally about your opportunities, based from a high footfall area on campus
- other schemes — find short-term staff for individual projects, holiday cover and more
The employability service at Sheffield Hallam makes graduate recruitment easier. The service is a great source for talent and with most students wanting to stay within the Sheffield area, we find it’s a great tool for attracting the graduates our business needs.
Rebecca Walker, business development manager, Pricecheck - view full case study