Recruit with us
As an employer you need professional, competent people who will help you achieve your aims and objectives. Our students and graduates will do exactly that.
Our students and graduates are
- highly sought after – 93 % are in work or further study within six months of graduating (DLHE 2013/2014)
- recruited by organisations from every sector
- enthusiastic, professional and ready to help you achieve your goals
- armed with up-to-date knowledge and workplace-ready skills that will exceed your expectations
- recruited by leading global employers such as IBM and Network Rail
Our graduates are looking for graduate level roles and our students are looking for work placements, shorter term internships or part-time and vacation work to fit around their studies.
We can help you find your ideal employee through
- Free online vacancy advertising – advertise to more than 37,000 current students and on average 12,000 graduates per year
- Hallam Freelancers – temporary skilled staff when you need them most
- Employer presentations and workshops – raise awareness of your organisation free of charge, increase the number of applications to your graduate scheme and meet potential employees
- Selection events – hold interviews and assessment centre activities in our Careers and Employability Centre
- Free part-time events – meet potential part-time employees at events and fairs held in each October and February
- Careers and recruitment fairs – reach a mass audience by exhibiting at fairs held throughout the year
- Sponsorship – sponsor a banner stand or a career planning guide and reach thousands of students and graduates
- Information stands – positioned in a high footfall area at the University, representatives from your company can speak to students informally about your opportunities
We’re currently offering a five to eight week funded graduate internship scheme – find out more here.
The employability service at Sheffield Hallam makes graduate recruitment easier. The service is a great source for talent and with most students wanting to stay within the Sheffield area, we find it’s a great tool for attracting the graduates our business needs.
Rebecca Walker, business development manager, Pricecheck - view full case study