Develop your business
Make an impact in your industry
Work with us and help your business reach its full potential. We have over 2000 academic experts on hand, and can provide support for companies and projects of all sizes. Sheffield Hallam partnerships have proved transformative for many businesses – helping them to solve their problems and achieve their goals.
Get in touch on 0114 225 5000 to find out more about the many ways Sheffield Hallam can support your business.
How we can help
No matter the size of the project or the nature of your business, our pool of academics, researchers, graduates and specialists can help your business with their expertise. This can range from short term work and practical advice, through to longer-term collaborative R&D built around your needs.
In particular, we can assist you with
- research and consultancy — develop new products and processes, and undertake research
- funding and support — fund interns and apprentices for your business, and find out about the Sheffield Innovation Programme
- collaborative partnerships — get help with everything from funding grants to product testing and R&D
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) — collaborate with a recent graduate and a skilled academic, with access to our facilities
Our track record
Across sectors, we collaborate regularly with household names like Adidas and M&S, and help start-ups and SMEs to get their ideas off the ground through business support and research and development. Wherever you are in the lifecycle of your business, we build effective, long-term solutions and partnerships that will help you to innovate and move forward.
Here are just two examples of how we’ve helped businesses like yours to excel.
- We worked with Quorn Foods to address the company’s environmental impact. Our research and recommendations paid off – the approach to sustainability we co-created is now recognised as a best practice standard for the food industry, and saved Quorn an impressive £1m over a few years.
- Hopcrop Ltd wanted to develop a new organic additive that could improve the performance of soil for gardeners and commercial growers. Our research helped them to identify the right product and establish it in over 200 retailers across the UK.
Creating real-world impact is central to what we do at Sheffield Hallam. We’ll work with you on groundbreaking research, provide expert advice and create powerful results.
Alex Prince, Head of Knowledge Exchange