Funding and support
We have a strong track record of working in partnership with regional, national and international organisations to access the funding and support your business needs to help you grow and succeed.
Here are a few examples of funding opportunities available at Sheffield Hallam.
Sheffield Innovation Programme
Working with businesses directly on their needs, the Sheffield Innovation Programme (SIP) will provide expertise to drive innovation and transformation for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the Sheffield City Region.
Our expert team will work with you to determine your needs and propose a solution. Interventions can be cross-disciplinary, bringing together academics with expertise in a wide range of business areas and sectors.
Example interventions could include
- sector, market and environment modelling to identify ways in which to innovate
- coaching and mentoring workshops to embed a culture of innovation in the business
- providing highly complex, technical advice with regards to materials, equipment or processes to improve productivity and minimise waste
- combining innovation marketing with technological developments to help businesses exploit international market opportunities
- simulation of the production process to identify bottlenecks, followed by recommendations for corrective actions and an implementation plan
SIP is funded through the Economic Regional Development Fund (ERDF), and delivered in partnership with the University of Sheffield.
Sheffield Hallam University are approved by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) to deliver a wide range of higher and degree apprenticeships from level 4 (equivalent to the first year of a Bachelor's degree course) to level 7 (equivalent to a Master's degree).
We can help you navigate the apprenticeship system and support you on how to use the apprenticeship levy.
For more information on funding for our higher and degree apprenticeship schemes contact 0114 225 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your organisation could also benefit from support to find and employ a student or graduate intern, providing short term support for your business whilst also helping to develop the next generation of talent. Visit our internships page for more information.
Sheffield Hallam University has significantly supported BS Stainless... We were able to work closely with them to establish thorough testing procedures developed in their state-of-the-art laboratory. We would like to thank them for their immense support.
Brian Shaw, managing director, BS Stainless - view full case study