Digital and Technology Solutions Specialist – Software Engineering Specialist
The Level 7 Digital and Technology Solutions Specialist (Software Engineering) Apprenticeship has been developed to allow participants to apply leadership and change management skills in a range of digital and technology related specialist roles.
The apprenticeship is based upon a core set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that are complemented by learning around software engineering specialisms. Subject to government approval, the apprenticeship will be suitable both for new recruits (eg new graduates) and for developing existing employees wishing to formalise their experience or develop their skills in a new area, including the ability to
- architect, build and support leading edge concurrent software platforms
- drive technology decision-making and development process for projects of varying scales
- update current software products, improving the efficiency and functionality
- be accountable for the quality of deliverables from one or more software development teams and following company standard processes
The course will deliver against the nationally recognised Level 7 Digital and Technology Solution Specialist Degree Apprenticeship standard. The course is suitable for both new recruits (eg school leavers entering into the industry) and for developing existing and aspiring IT professionals already in employment, who do not have a relevant digital degree. This apprenticeship leads to a MSc Digital and Technology Solutions (Software Engineering Specialist).
If you have 15 or more potential apprentices, we can tailor the programme to your business.
Course length and entry requirements
The apprenticeship is usually delivered over three years and is a closed course, which is usually delivered on the client’s site through blended learning. However, this could be offered as a Sheffield Hallam-based open course via block delivery and blended learning by arrangement.
The course structure is dominated by project-based work. All taught modules involve project work and the final year is entirely focused on work-based projects. The details of the end-point assessment are currently being confirmed. At present, this is expected to be an integrated end-point assessment plan.
Eligible candidates will meet the following entry requirements
- Applicants require a BSc (Hons) degree at 2:1 level or above.
- Applicants must be working in a relevant role within the digital industries and have appropriate employer support to undertake this course.
Benefits for your business
- Tailor the skills of the learner to company requirements, products and solutions to ‘grow your own’ talent.
- Enhance your learning and development strategy by establishing a clear progression route for aspiring and established digital professionals.
Download the programme outline
Download the programme outline (PDF 338KB) to see how apprenticeships can improve your business.
Find out more about how higher and degree apprenticeships can have a positive impact on your business. You can also read about funding and incentives or explore other useful information, including policies and FAQs.
Get in touch
For the latest information on government approval or any other questions, email email@example.com or phone 0114 225 5000 to speak to our apprenticeships team.
Sheffield Hallam University is not responsible for the content of external websites.