Advanced Manufacturing Higher Apprenticeship
The Level 5 Advanced Manufacturing Higher Apprenticeship has been designed to develop engineering technicians with specialist knowledge, but with an appreciation of the engineering challenges across the various disciplines.
The Advanced Manufacturing Apprenticeship Framework is suitable for both developing new recruits (eg school leavers) and existing staff who are wishing to develop their career further. Apprentices can choose one of four pathways
- FdEng Materials Engineering
In addition the apprentice will complete a Level 4 NVQ alongside their academic studies.
The FdEng Integrated Engineering pathways share a common first year to build fundamental skills and knowledge before apprentices pursue their choice of the three specialisms to facilitate expert knowledge and career progression in their chosen field.
Our course will deliver against the nationally recognised Higher Apprenticeship in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Framework and your apprentice will gain the foundations of knowledge needed to progress as a professional engineer. Successful completion of the apprenticeship will enable applicants to be work ready within the engineering sector and the qualifications gained will enable their career progression.
If you have 20 or more potential apprentices, we can tailor a programme to your business.
Find out more information on the course content for
Course length and entry requirements
The apprenticeship typically takes three years to complete, with apprentices attending university on part-time day release for 24 weeks of the year. The NVQ will be completed in the workplace via visits from an assessor. This will require time in the workplace to complete.
Assessment for the Advanced Manufacturing Higher Apprenticeship includes coursework, in-class timed assessment, examinations and completion of an NVQ portfolio.
Participants must have the following entry requirements
- GCSE (or equivalent) mathematics and English language at grade C or grade 4, or above – plus one of the following
- 112 points from A levels or BTEC National qualifications, including mathematics and scientific subjects. We do not accept General studies.
- an advanced VCE double award in an appropriate engineering, manufacturing or technology topic
- an EdExcel/BTEC/SCOTVEC National Certificate or Diploma in a science or technology-based subject
- a pass in the preparatory year of the Extended Degree Programme Engineering and Mathematics or another suitable science or technology-based foundation or access course
- an equivalent qualification
Benefits for your business
Our Advanced Manufacturing Higher Apprenticeship helps you
- get work-ready, graduate-calibre employees embedded within your organisation who truly understand your business and bring fresh perspectives and ideas
- attract and retain the best talent, whilst supporting the youth employment agenda
- generate a return on investment through accelerated development and increased commitment
Find out more about how higher and degree apprenticeships can have a positive impact on your business. You can also read about funding and incentives or explore other useful information, including policies and FAQs.
Get in touch
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0114 225 5000 to speak to our apprenticeships team.
Sheffield Hallam University is not responsible for the content of external websites.